Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:28:11 am

Author Topic: Ask your questions about ATARNotes here!  (Read 111692 times)

ErnieTheBirdi

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: Ask your questions about ATARNotes here!
« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2019, 09:00:37 pm »
Does Tutesmart open earlier at all centres during the school holidays?

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2019, 09:32:47 am »
+1
Does Tutesmart open earlier at all centres during the school holidays?

Regular hours. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

JR_StudyEd

• MOTM: MAY 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Mental health is #1
  • Respect: +171
« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2019, 04:21:34 pm »
I'm sorry if this sounds kinda stupid, but I've found several articles and threads on AN written by and for HSC students, or mainly refer to the HSC. How much does the content within these articles/threads apply to VCE students? Is there much of a difference in how to attain exemplary results between NSW and VIC? I mean, would you give the same advice to Year 12 students wanting to do well regardless of which secondary education system/state they're from?

- From a Victorian, if that wasn't already obvious.  :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 04:33:27 pm by JR_StudyEd »
Listens to K-Pop (Twice, Red Velvet, MAMAMOO) and Christmas music all year round.

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
« Reply #153 on: April 15, 2019, 04:35:16 pm »
+4
I'm sorry if this sounds kinda stupid, but I've found several articles on AN written for HSC students, or mainly refer to the HSC. How much does the content within these articles apply to VCE students? Is there much of a difference in how to attain exemplary results between NSW and VIC? I mean, would you give the same advice to Year 12 students wanting to do well regardless of which secondary education system/state they're from?

Hey again!

I'm not too sure how much of the content overlaps but articles addressing general study tips, student wellbeing and any other advice that you might find applicable can be taken on board  ;D You can also access VCE articles here if you were looking for more specific subjects  8)

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2019, 06:43:04 pm »
+3
I'm sorry if this sounds kinda stupid, but I've found several articles and threads on AN written by and for HSC students, or mainly refer to the HSC. How much does the content within these articles/threads apply to VCE students? Is there much of a difference in how to attain exemplary results between NSW and VIC? I mean, would you give the same advice to Year 12 students wanting to do well regardless of which secondary education system/state they're from?

It really depends on the thread.  For example,  HSC has a different assessment structure so advice on when & how to study around major events will be different than for Victorians. On the other hand,  things like ways of structuring notes, using flashcards effectively etc will be easily applicable to all states (as Angelina has highlighted)

You can probably trust your judgement in regards to what applies to you and what doesn't.

JR_StudyEd

• MOTM: MAY 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Mental health is #1
  • Respect: +171
« Reply #155 on: April 24, 2019, 07:33:38 pm »
In what situations would double posting on the forums be acceptable?
Listens to K-Pop (Twice, Red Velvet, MAMAMOO) and Christmas music all year round.

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #156 on: April 24, 2019, 09:33:08 pm »
+6
It's a bit up to mod discretion about where exactly the line is on what's appropriate/what's not appropriate, but generally:
- Double posting in your journal is fine, assuming it's a reasonable time later (e.g. 10 mins later isn't fine)
- Double posting when the thread hasn't been posted in for a while is fine. e.g. in general discussion threads that hasn't been posted in for several days
- Double posting in question threads depends a bit on the time and what the last post was. If the last post was a thank you message or something similar then it's probably fine to post a new question separately (if it's at least several hours later), if the last message was an unanswered question then it's better to edit your new question in unless it's been several days.

Also worth noting that we do make mistakes sometimes so if you think you've been told off for something and you don't think you did anything wrong or don't know what you did wrong, then just message one of us :)
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

elleho2690

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #157 on: April 27, 2019, 01:27:12 am »
Hi all,

I’m going to buy the ATAR notes and having no clue which one to buy. What is the difference between edition 1 and 2 and 3? Are they just slightly different??? Or do they change completely every year?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 01:30:58 am by elleho2690 »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #158 on: April 27, 2019, 08:16:58 am »
+2
Hi all,

I’m going to buy the ATAR notes and having no clue which one to buy. What is the difference between edition 1 and 2 and 3? Are they just slightly different??? Or do they change completely every year?

Hi! Welcome to the forums ;D you should buy the most recent version, as found in our shop (https://atarnotes.com/shop) or at one of our free lecture events! That will guarantee you've got the most up to date version ;D

elleho2690

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2019, 08:32:33 pm »
Hi! Welcome to the forums ;D you should buy the most recent version, as found in our shop (https://atarnotes.com/shop) or at one of our free lecture events! That will guarantee you've got the most up to date version ;D

Thank you soooo much  ;D

InnererSchweinehund

• MOTM: JUNE 19
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #160 on: June 05, 2019, 07:52:19 am »
Hey!

I'm probably a bit early but when should we start looking out for information regarding the July school holidays lectures???
(Please have July school holiday lectures!!)

Thanks!!
 ;D

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
« Reply #161 on: June 05, 2019, 09:44:27 am »
+7
Hey!

I'm probably a bit early but when should we start looking out for information regarding the July school holidays lectures???
(Please have July school holiday lectures!!)

Thanks!!
 ;D

Hello! Definitely keep an eye out on the forums in the next few weeks. Forum users are usually the first ones to know about the lectures and will be given access to the Eventbrite link :)
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

WasupDude1

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #162 on: July 12, 2019, 07:07:59 pm »

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #163 on: July 12, 2019, 07:22:15 pm »
+5
Hey!
Welcome to the forums :)

Here’s what I’ve said previously about when it’s allowed. Let me know if you want further clarification on it :)

It's a bit up to mod discretion about where exactly the line is on what's appropriate/what's not appropriate, but generally:
- Double posting in your journal is fine, assuming it's a reasonable time later (e.g. 10 mins later isn't fine)
- Double posting when the thread hasn't been posted in for a while is fine. e.g. in general discussion threads that hasn't been posted in for several days
- Double posting in question threads depends a bit on the time and what the last post was. If the last post was a thank you message or something similar then it's probably fine to post a new question separately (if it's at least several hours later), if the last message was an unanswered question then it's better to edit your new question in unless it's been several days.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #164 on: July 12, 2019, 07:55:51 pm »
What exactly is double posting?