Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 08:09:18 am

Author Topic: Rank 2 situation  (Read 1691 times)  Share 

pha0015

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +8
Rank 2 situation
« on: June 28, 2017, 10:51:02 pm »
I'm in a ridiculously weak cohort (school ranking used to be around 350 until lat year where it jumped to 200-ish) in Psych. I'm currently ranked 2 with average of 94% (just missed cutoffs), in which rank 1 is at 98%. Is there any way to get a better study score than rank 1? Keep in mind that rank 1 did an advanced study last year for legal studies and got a 46 study score. If not, is there a chance that I'll get 40+ study score, or even 45+?

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Rank 2 situation
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 12:13:10 am »
+5
I'm in a ridiculously weak cohort (school ranking used to be around 350 until lat year where it jumped to 200-ish) in Psych. I'm currently ranked 2 with average of 94% (just missed cutoffs), in which rank 1 is at 98%. Is there any way to get a better study score than rank 1? Keep in mind that rank 1 did an advanced study last year for legal studies and got a 46 study score. If not, is there a chance that I'll get 40+ study score, or even 45+?
I wouldn't be worried about beating someone else (although can be good motivation), just try to get the best possible study score for yourself!  :)
I'm just saying your success is not dependent on whether you get a study score higher than your peer.

Since you are rank 2 and rank 1 has shown he is a strong student I wouldn't be too worried, you are definitely still in contention for a extremely high score if you do well on your exam.

...........and yes it isn't too uncommon for rank 2 to get a higher score than rank 1

Good Luck!!!

Ashjames

• Trendsetter
  • Life.is.short-incorrect-Its the longest thing ever
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 04:34:42 pm »
Regarding ranking- I think we can all agree that they suck alotAC markd!!0
However, I'm actually in exactly the same position as you, same subject also!!!. I had a major stiff up on SAC 2 in which I completely refused to study. Now I regret that because I dropped to rank 2!!!!.

But what keeps me going is this: I do text and traditions this year, and my teacher was telling me that last year(for TT) rank 1 got a SS of 35 and rank 2 got a massive 43!!!! So it is definitely possible [however I still feel furious at the fact that if you do get the highest SS, rank one gets those awesome marks as their SAC marks!!]

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 11:21:46 am »
For psychology the exam is worth 60% and that is not affected by your ranking, so yes, it is definitely possible!