Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:07:14 pm

Author Topic: Physical Education [3/4] Question Thread  (Read 44029 times)  Share 

AmyDottie

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Physical Education [3/4] Question Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2019, 08:54:20 am »
why do athletes shift their line of gravity towards oncoming force

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2019, 10:31:09 am »
+3
why do athletes shift their line of gravity towards oncoming force
Alright, do you have any working for this question? Why do you think a rugby player would, say, lean forward before coming into contact with another player running towards them? I'd like to know what specifically you can't understand, and displaying the context of the question will help me more effectively assist you. :)

Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

jammol7

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2019, 11:04:27 pm »
Hi,

I know everyone's probably sick of study score related questions but I kinda need a general idea. What GA's would be needed for a 40+ in PE? I've heard that in many subjects you need A+ in all three.

When would be an appropriate time to start past VCAA exams?

Are company exams recommended or should I just do the VCAA ones, even if they're from older study designs? Apparently company exams are much easier?

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks in advance :D
VCE 2019-21
Lit 38 | Methods 47 | Bio 49 | Chem 50 |  PE 43 | Drama 38 | Sport & Rec 36

howey

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +77
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2019, 05:56:59 pm »
+3
Hi,

I know everyone's probably sick of study score related questions but I kinda need a general idea. What GA's would be needed for a 40+ in PE? I've heard that in many subjects you need A+ in all three.

When would be an appropriate time to start past VCAA exams?

Are company exams recommended or should I just do the VCAA ones, even if they're from older study designs? Apparently company exams are much easier?

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks in advance :D

Hey!

Really hard to say with GA's but I'd be aiming for A/A+ for each of them.

In terms of starting exams - I recommend towards the end of Term 3 (although others may disagree), once you've covered nearly all of the content.

I would do VCAA first, even old study design VCAA, before moving onto other companies. Some companies can be really good and others not so, but VCAA is the best to do first.

Hope this helps!

"It's hard to beat a person who never gives up" - Babe Ruth

jack.gould123

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2019, 02:12:45 pm »
would anyone be able to post a full marked answer to question 11.d. from the 2018 PE Exam (was out of 8 marks)
Cheers :)

https://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Documents/exams/physicaledu/2018/2018physed-cpr-w.pdf
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 02:14:35 pm by jack.gould123 »

howey

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +77
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2019, 06:36:20 pm »
+2
would anyone be able to post a full marked answer to question 11.d. from the 2018 PE Exam (was out of 8 marks)
Cheers :)

Hey Jack,

Have you looked the VCAA 2018 exam report? It outlines a possible answer for that question, which is presumably worth full marks (or very close to). 0% of students got full marks on that question, so it was pretty tricky!

"It's hard to beat a person who never gives up" - Babe Ruth

YehNahBro

• Trailblazer
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2019, 05:20:02 pm »
What triggers the respiratory and cardiovascular system?
For example, does the build up of carbon dioxide allow the respiratory and cardiovascular system to work to reach steady state?

jack.gould123

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2019, 01:55:59 pm »
If anyone has any pe practice exams could you please send them to me

Email has been removed in line with forum rules. The distribution of copyrighted materials (eg. Company practice exams) is illegal and not supported on ATAR Notes. If you have a quarrel with this feel free to PM a moderator. -- Poet
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 09:23:22 pm by Poet »

harold17

• Adventurer
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2019, 08:05:48 pm »
Hey everyone, can someone help me out with clarifying something please?
What are the different specifications of weight / resistance training (i.e. sets, reps, %RM and speed of contraction) for different muscular based fitness components (i.e. muscular strength, muscular endurance and muscular power)?
My textbook and other resources have slightly conflicting content so I just want to clear this up before my exam
Thanks  :)

Aaron2003

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2019, 09:22:27 pm »
Hey man just before I relay all the info from my Nelson PE 3/4 textbook, let me know which textbook you have.

Nvm I’ll just let you know my thoughts on the specs anyway:

Untrained:

M strength: 60-70%1RM, 8-12 reps, 1-3 sets, slow to moderate speed of contraction, 2-3 minutes of passive rest between sets

M hypertrophy: 70-85%1RM, 8-12 reps, 1-3 sets, speed of contraction is ‘continuum’ apparently (please let me know what continuum means in this context pls, I’m guessing it just means constant velocity), 1-2 minutes passive rest between sets

M endurance: 40-60%1RM, 15-25 reps, 1-3 sets, slow to moderate speed of contraction, 1 minute passive rest

M power: 30-60%1RM, 3-6 reps, 1-3 sets, fast contraction speed, 2-3 minutes passive rest (ALSO: shouldn’t the rest for m power be more like 3-5 mins to get that 98%+ PC? Rather than just 2-3 mins? Is this an example of the ‘conflicting’ info you were talking about? If not, lmk.)

As for trained athletes:

M strength: 80-100%1RM, 1-12 reps with an emphasis on the first 6 reps, 3-6 sets, slow to moderate speed of contraction, 2-3 minutes of passive rest between sets

M hypertrophy: 70-100%1RM, 8-12 reps, 3-6 sets, speed of contraction is ‘continuum’, 1-2 minutes passive rest between sets

M endurance: 40-60%1RM, 15-25 reps, 3-6 sets, slow to moderate speed of contraction, 1 minute passive rest

M power: 30-60%1RM, 3-6 reps, 3-6 sets, fast contraction speed, 2-3 minutes passive rest

jammol7

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2019, 06:18:15 pm »
Hi guys, I got a raw 43 in PE this year, can anyone inform me on the scaled score? Thanks!
VCE 2019-21
Lit 38 | Methods 47 | Bio 49 | Chem 50 |  PE 43 | Drama 38 | Sport & Rec 36

natalie03

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2020, 06:55:04 pm »
could someone help me explain the biomechanics behind the glide technique for shot put (its part of my practice sac for Tuesday and I only know about the spin) thank you !!

uli_wild222

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2020, 08:11:02 pm »
My PE teacher is convinced that carbohydrate loading should be carried out with High Glycaemic Index foods.
I am not, my mates and I agree that it should be done with Low Glycaemic index foods.

Anyone know whats correct?

Please explain as well.

Hi, I'm doing Year 12 PE as well, I'm not really sure either but here is what I think, I hope it helps :)
 I'm pretty sure it would depend on what type of activity you are doing and what you are loading for -  CHO loading in itself is a pretty exact science. For example (what I think - and I'm not actually sure if this is right or not), if you were an endurance athlete performing a marathon going for several hours, glycogen depletion is likely to be a factor contributing to fatigue- so you might want to eat low GI for a slow release of energy (as these carbohydrates take longer to break down). In contrast, if you were a 400m sprinter, you might want to eat higher GI foods so that you can use the fuel quicker, as it is unlikely that significant glycogen depletion would occur in such a short period - so being able to access glycogen faster would be more important. It would probably depend on the athlete body weight etc. as well I think.
Cheers.

dun0028

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2020, 05:08:29 pm »
+1
Does anyone have any practice SAC's for energy systems and fatigue in UNIT 3 Physical Education?

ruvina_suri

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2021, 12:58:35 pm »
In regards to the Beep test , how would explain steady state in relation to the beep test and is it reached ?