Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 08:34:10 am

Author Topic: Can I get an ATAR of 78?  (Read 2025 times)  Share 

Garry1117

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Can I get an ATAR of 78?
« on: October 09, 2020, 01:38:54 pm »
Hi, I'm looking to get about a 78 or above which will allow me to get into my course due to SEAS and subject adjustments. I was just wondering with these scores which I think I'll be getting, would I be able to achieve that.
Year 11 - Legal (30)
Global (30-31)
Economics (33-34)
English (33-34)
Further Maths (36-37)
Psychology (33-34

ATAR calculator says I can achieve that but obviously that isn't accurate for this year. Could I also be doing better than I expect in subjects as I'm sure COVID has resulted in other students around the state not performing as well? Thanks

hmemail

• Adventurer
Re: Can I get an ATAR of 78?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 10:23:28 pm »
I agree that the atar calculators can be a bit off some times. I used the 2019 scaling report to calculate your aggregate, which suggested an atar of around 83.5, which was actually higher than the atar calc!
Also, remember that the study score is where you rank in the subject, so even though covid may bring scores down, a 30 study score still puts you at the average, not dependent on what scores are achieved on the exam.
Hope this helped. Good luck on your exams!  :)

Garry1117

• Fresh Poster
Re: Can I get an ATAR of 78?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 11:48:30 am »
It is quite inaccurate and I'm really unsure but thank you for that insight. I am aware that a 30 is still the average and my results this year would hopefully result in those study scores compared to last year. But as you said people may not be performing as well so who knows what my results would be equivalent to this year. Thank you