Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 12:47:40 am

Author Topic: Aspire program  (Read 4669 times)  Share 

laik

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Aspire program
« on: June 12, 2021, 10:04:51 am »
How hard is it to get into the Aspire program (specifically for dentistry)? I met someone who said heaps of people are offered a position, but I wasn't sure whether or not that was true, especially for dentistry. Also, any tips for writing an application? Cheers

ConFinCMC

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +22
Re: Aspire program
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 11:40:33 pm »
+1
Hey Laik,
I got an Aspire Scholarship for LaTrobe last year, when I wanted to do an Education Course, despite being incredibly unsuccessful for the role.
Me and a few others from school were able to get in, with backgrounds in op shop working and local youth magazine volunteering though I doubt this will help you out.

When it comes to writing an application, I recommend having a good, hard think about how well your activity contributes to your community. Think about the people you've met, the people you've helped, and the skills and characteristics you've gained (If you can link these skills to how it helps you as a student, this will definitely help out).
I also recommend getting a supervisor, or another peer to review your application. Make sure you ask them questions as well.

Best of luck for your applications and school year.
2020- 53.35

English Lang. <20
History: Revolutions. <20
French: 27
Biology: 28
Drama: 24

"Well, it doesn't define who I am, but it does a bloody good job at crushing my spirit and self-esteem"

2021- Gap Year, working in Bright at the snowfields (guys, this is so much fun)

2022- Fed University, Fast Access Program Diploma

If anyone wants advice on what NOT to do, feel free to send me a message.

laik

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Aspire program
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2021, 11:17:43 am »
Thank you for all your tips- it definitely will help me. Good luck to you as well for the rest of the year