Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 06:08:58 am

Author Topic: Thank you to our latest honorary moderator  (Read 2251 times)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Thank you to our latest honorary moderator
« on: June 03, 2021, 09:11:59 am »
+21
Today we acknowledge and celebrate the contributions of an outstanding NSW moderator, lecturer, author, and friend to many.

🎉 BEATROOT 🎉

Bea joined the forums in 2017, with her first post on July 13th. From there, Bea joined the mod team as a society and culture and visual arts mod (announcement here). Jamon's comment  "many in NSW already see her as a leader of the community" was prophetic, with Bea continuing to become more deeply involved with the ATAR Notes community and giving more of her time, knowledge, and experience to helping others.

Before the year had ended, Bea was announced as the 5th ever New South Wales National Moderator (announcement here) and had started being a regular presence at lectures with her photography and videography skills in action. In addition to her forum contributions, Bea also authored the How to Analyse Films and Billy Elliot guides and lectured on Arts.

Bea's presence and impact can be well expressed by former NSW admin Jamon:
Quote from: jamonwindeyer
I remember first seeing Bea’s posts around the forums, way back in 2017 when the HSC forums were absolutely exploding, meaning there were lots of new faces. Bea stood out though, always thanking everyone who lent a hand, helping out as many people herself as she could, and just generally being exactly the sort of person AN is super lucky to have. As she’s transitioned from an incredible contributor, to StateMod, to NatMod, that positive energy and enthusiasm has never waned - Bea simply makes the forums a better place.

Of course, I’m lucky enough to have met and worked with Bea too! An amazing helping hand at lectures for years, and a killer Art lecturer to boot, Bea injects just as much awesomeness into AN in real life as on the forums. She’s an incredible person, and I’m truly lucky to call her a good friend (I type this drinking from a teacup she bought me for Secret Santa a few years back 😂)

Seeing Bea moving to HonMod, beyond making me feel old, is really bittersweet. It means one of AN’s greats is stepping back a bit, which is a huge loss, but I can’t think of anyone more deserving of the honour. Congrats Bea!

Thank you beatroot: Honorary Moderator #27

Beatroot has been an amazing contributor to the forums, as well as an author of multiple ATAR Notes publications and a many-times lecturer. She has also been a friend to many, and especially in the New South Wales side of the forums, fostered a sense of comradery. Bea, wishing you the best of luck for your film adventures and thank you for everything you have brought to the community.

Thank you beatroot: Honorary Moderator #27

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Thank you to our latest honorary moderator
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 09:18:02 am »
+10
Thank you, Bea, and good luck. A simply wonderful ATAR Notes poster and person. 💯

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 06:19:43 pm »
+7
Goodluck with everything Bea!
You are a staple of the forums and we greatly appreciate your extensive help all these years and fantastic contributions ;D
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 08:02:13 pm »
+17
Thank you for this amazing honour <3 ATAR Notes has always been a place I called home and I will never forget all the amazing times I've had here on the forums and irl at the lectures.  I can't thank AN enough for all the wonderful experiences and lessons I've learnt throughout all these years <3
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.