Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:30:51 am

Author Topic: Does anyone have a guide to research methods or how to approach it  (Read 923 times)  Share 

_inspire45

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: -
I'm kind of stuck on this...does anyone have any formulated method to approaching this concept?

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Does anyone have a guide to research methods or how to approach it
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 01:08:22 am »
+2
Ah, research methods. The bane of many a student. The old assumed knowledge trick.

Luckily, VCAA (even with its website's new and confusing interface) outlines precisely what you need to know on page 22 of the study design.

A formulated method? Honestly, I would just try to work through the dot points in the study design. Some people don't like notes, but I'm a religious note taker, and I find it very helpful. Use your textbook or anything else you have, and just summarise it. And then summarise that. And then summarise that. And so on. Once you have a solid understanding of the content, you can start applying it to various situations or case studies.

For things like experimental research designs, you can have advantages and disadvantages. For things like ethical principles and professional conduct, you can have why each point is important, and perhaps an example of it being breached.

There are lots of resources around for research methods, but personal message me if you're struggling to find anything. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.