Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 09:13:02 pm

Author Topic: Conduct Investigations Projectile Motion  (Read 1355 times)  Share 

frog0101

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Conduct Investigations Projectile Motion
« on: November 06, 2018, 06:37:55 am »
Hi,
For Conduct a practical investigation to collect primary data in order to validate the relationships derived above
from the syllabus, what experiments is everyone doing? Is anyone doing one that is not finding the horizontal range of a projectile using a ramp?

Thanks

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Conduct Investigations Projectile Motion
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 07:53:35 am »
+1
Mine,  when I did it in VCE last year,  was using a marble launcher (not using a ramp). I used a light gate to measure initial speed and carbon paper to see where the marble landed (which I measured with measuring tape + ruler).

My results in the end were precise and inaccurate

mada

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Conduct Investigations Projectile Motion
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 10:52:59 am »
Mine,  when I did it in VCE last year,  was using a marble launcher (not using a ramp). I used a light gate to measure initial speed and carbon paper to see where the marble landed (which I measured with measuring tape + ruler).

My results in the end were precise and inaccurate

Hello, I'm just wondering if you're able to tell me how you used carbon paper to observe where the marble lands. Did you place the carbon paper on white paper and the marble made a print on the white paper?

Thank you!