Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 02:04:46 am

Author Topic: How to best answer questions  (Read 523 times)  Share 

fkkiwi

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +3
How to best answer questions
« on: October 27, 2018, 03:45:17 pm »
Hey guys,

Just looking for some advice on ways to best answer the short/extended response questions in Physics. I find my problem is sometimes writing too much and not being very concise, because I usually put in as much information as possible related to the dotpoint to cover my bases.

However, I feel this wastes time so I was wondering if anyone has a particular strategy they use to write concisely, but enough to satisfy the criteria for the question?
HSC 2018: | English Advanced (91) | Extension 1 Maths (93) | Extension 2 Maths (86) | Physics (90) | Chemistry (92) | Studies of Religion 1 (47) |  ATAR: 98.70

2019: B. Eng (Hons) (Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering) / Computer Science @UNSW

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: How to best answer questions
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 03:56:04 pm »
Hey! I don't know if it's a full strategy per say, but I think it is really important to plan out your responses to those things (internally or externally). Knowing what you want to say before you say it helps keep you on track. In terms of knowing exactly what to write - Go to the syllabus. Try and think of the dot points being targeted, and write just enough to convince the marker that you know the content for them.

Additionally, the space they provide is a good indicator. Aim to hit the length they provide ;D