Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 09:09:49 pm

Author Topic: technodisney's VCE Journal  (Read 9955 times)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: technodisney's VCE Journal
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2018, 12:03:09 pm »
+5
Thanks for that advice.

I am already using a blue light filter (red light filters don’t exist but if they did it will make it harder on the eyes)
I haven’t had a chance to try out that have a break trick yet because I keep forgetting. I’m gonna keep trying though.
I have tried that website in the past but I ended up lying to it which did not help me with my habits.
I require The Facebook app because I help my mum manage her business FB page so I can’t delete that. I will however delete Quora, twitter and reddit. I am also thinking about deleting YouTube and maybe Netflix.

No problem at all! Glad you knew/know that "blue light filter" was the adaptive thing - I think I was thinking about how the product is a red tinge when I was typing.
Good luck with implementing new things and keeping up with the old.

So far in the holidays I am yet to do any work, unless you count the AN business lecture or the practice English exam we had to do today. Tomorrow however I am planning to make sure I get stuck into my work and I am thinking of staying at school longer than I need to for my Informatics class so that I can quietly study tomorrow away from the distractions of home.

I count that.  After all,  it is something productive that you did.  Staying back at school sounds like a good idea - hope it goes well for you.

Re: studying 30 minutes each
It really depends on the individual and their circumstances whether or not that's a good idea.  It sounds a lot better than doing a day per subject, but you may want to experiment with different times (20 min, 40, 60) if 30 isn't working for you.

I'm glad that you're finding keeping this journal useful :)

technodisney

• MOTM: AUG 2018
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2018, 11:14:10 am »
+8
I’m probably gonna update this more often from now on. It really helps to simply just write all my thoughts down.

oops. That didn't go well. :-\
Been 2 weeks since my last update. I have literally started writing this entry at least 5 times over the past 2 weeks but each time I have just scrapped it. Hopefully I end up posting this one, lol.
Also, this ones a bit of a rant and not structured like my other ones

I saw something pop up on my Facebook timeline the other day "forecast for the next few weeks: extreme procrastination with a high chance of mental breakdown". That I feel like will some up my life until my final exam is finished, so around 39 days or whatever my timer in my signature says.

I have been doing anywhere from 30 minutes - 2 hours of study each day during the holidays. But all except a couple of days I did do something. Again coldturkey has been an amazing help with that but it always just quickly gets to a point where I aren't doing any work anyways and just start playing around with formatting or in the case of methods which I do off the computer I get distracted by my calc discovering all the little quirks that probably wouldn't really help me.

I have done 2 out of the 20 practice exams we have been given for the holidays for methods. So I am kind of worrying about what my teacher is gonna say when she finds out. And I got 42% on my probability SAC, which isn't the best but at least I barely passed, over half the class actually failed it and has to re sit it Thursday.

I have no good reason for not getting them done and the only reason I haven't is procrastination.

Whenever I have been bored instead of just buckling down and getting work down I have instead invited a friend who lives just down the road over to play rocket league. Half the time it starts by him messaging me being bored, and I mean when a friend wants to come over it is hard to say no... I am getting good at playing virtual soccer with cars, but not so good at finding an integral or writing a Language Analysis.

I have a tutor for EngLang, and she is encouraging me to make sure I am getting a heap of practice Essays done which is helping me, I just don't have the motivation for that myself and she is literally dragging me along. I guess that it is helping me though, we are meeting twice a week for an hour.

A friend has also gone a bit too far and I have stood up to her, this probably isn't the best time to do it but there have been a few massive things bugging me about her for along time that I had to let out. I feel bad that I am being mean to her but someone has got to stand up to her or nothings gonna change.
So yeah the past 2 days I have been occupied with that, and that's not good.

While writing this I am in the IT room and there is a year 7 IT class going on in the background. I wish that we could be as carefree with our work in year 12 as what we could get away with in year 7. Their class is the most chill thing ever right now. At least we only have 9 days left of stressful classes left until we are done.

I am finding every possible way to procrastinate it seems, including researching specifics for my trip to Europe next year even though it is 9 months away and I should be focussing on my study not how to get between places in London.

I don't know what has caused it but all of a sudden all 5 of my siblings and I are ALL getting along really well at the current time, which anyone who has grown up with many siblings will know that it is extremely rare for everyone to just be getting along.

I guess I should get back to work though, lol.
As motivation I am going to update this thread every day with what work I have done that day and if I don't post well assume that I haven't done anything...
My Informatics 3/4 SAT Guide

Methods, BusMan, EngLang, Informatics, VET IT
technodisney's VCE Journal
Cert IV Live Production and Technical Services RMIT (City Campus)
technodisney's journey into Live Theatre
The Disney Nerd needs to get fit

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ~ Walt Disney

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2018, 11:20:26 am »
+1

Glad to hear that your siblings are all getting along & that you've found coldturkey somewhat helpful :)

What's your plan for what you'd like to achieve today if all goes well?

technodisney

• Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2018, 11:27:50 am »
+4
Glad to hear that your siblings are all getting along & that you've found coldturkey somewhat helpful :)

What's your plan for what you'd like to achieve today if all goes well?

I guess ideally I would just like to plan out (and maybe write) an Analytical Commentary for EngLang and then also complete a non-calc methods practice Exam.

I would also like to make sure I don't get distracted during EngLang today and properly take notes of whatever we do in class.

Also, I forgot to mention that I forgot about the Methods lecture *facepalm* but I went to the BusMan and EngLang ones and found them both very helpful and engaging.

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ~ Walt Disney

technodisney

• Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2018, 08:32:36 am »
+10
So yesterday I ended up spending an hour on the hour long practice Methods exam yet I struggled so much even with notes.

I didn’t get to an analytical commentary but did go through my practice exam that has been externally marked.

The doctor who season premiere was to tempting. Riverdale is back this week as well 😕

My plan for today is too work on a few stuff for VET which I forgot I had to do and have to be done tomorrow and work through some business questions.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2018, 06:15:00 pm »
+5
So yesterday I ended up spending an hour on the hour long practice Methods exam yet I struggled so much even with notes.

I didn’t get to an analytical commentary but did go through my practice exam that has been externally marked.
*chanting* PRO-GRESS PROGRESS

Congrats on the efforts you have made and thank you updating us!

technodisney

• Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2018, 06:03:41 pm »
+9
*chanting* PRO-GRESS PROGRESS

Congrats on the efforts you have made and thank you updating us!

that progress momentum didn't . keep going.

I only ended up getting a little of the VET stuff done and now I need to work on a few non school related stuff that must be done. So there goes my study for tonight.

I got very little done at school today as well, mainly because I was distracting myself procrastinating during my spare, and I kept drifting off in English. In methods I did get a little done (we are working through practice SACs), but I am mostly realising just how much I have to learn before the exams, screw trig and sampling.
VET was kinda productive for half of it, but since the class was mostly empty we were just mucking around and doing the stupidest kahoots we could find for the second half.

Right now I am activating ColdTurkey for both AN and everything else for the rest of the night so I can focus on getting this stuff done.
I simply can't say no when people ask for help.  :-\

Wish me luck.

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2018, 06:05:15 pm »
+6
*Obediently Wishes Lady Luck to descend upon Techno* :D

I also suck at sampling, but may be able to help with some of your trig questions?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 06:11:56 pm by S200 »
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

technodisney

• Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2018, 08:28:46 pm »
+6
*Obediently Wishes Lady Luck to descend upon Techno* :D

I also suck at sampling, but may be able to help with some of your trig questions?

Thanks for those wishes of luck.

I feel like help over the internet won’t help. I need someone to sit with me and explain it. But thanks for your offer. 😊

Update: I have been working so hard on this ever since my last post and I am only 1/5 done and it doesn’t get easier, just long and tedious.

And I just started feeling dizzy, I’m not sure how much longer I can do this tonight, it needs to be done by tomorrow morning, I will keep going for as long as I can but I’m probably not gonna finish it and therefore be super stressed about it all day tomorrow.

I’m gonna cold turkey  AN for another two hours.

😐

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2018, 08:30:35 pm »
+7
Update: I have been working so hard on this ever since my last post and I am only 1/5 done and it doesn’t get easier, just long and tedious.

And I just started feeling dizzy, I’m not sure how much longer I can do this tonight, it needs to be done by tomorrow morning, I will keep going for as long as I can but I’m probably not gonna finish it and therefore be super stressed about it all day tomorrow.

😐
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2018, 08:38:57 pm »
+4
Thanks for those wishes of luck.

I feel like help over the internet won’t help. I need someone to sit with me and explain it. But thanks for your offer. 😊

😐
You can do it, we believe in you!!!
Also make sure you drink water and have something to eat! ^-^
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

technodisney

• Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2018, 10:06:41 pm »
+8
oooooops, I have forgotten to update this, I for real this time hope to do more regular updates so I can be kept accountable.

well, been a semi stressful week. I have had all of these things piled on me and everyone seems to be relying on me which I don't like.

I am going ok with study but could probably be doing a bit more.

I have devised a study timetable with my tutor and have scheduled my study times into Cold Turkey, so I am hoping that will be a good help in keeping me doing work which I feel like is needed especially at this point just before the exams.

The past week my mind has been preoccupied with worrying about a few people in my life, my grandpa who has had 2 surgeries and a friend who isn't coping too well right now. But I am trying to not think of them and keep focussing on my studies.

Today we had a sort of pre muck up day, like we did the signing/ripping of our clothes and the day was pretty chill even though we were meant to be attending our classes, I may have skipped at least one and homeroom :/
Everyone was nice and respectful and everyone was just bonding together, it was really weird yet cool.
And then the last period I had IT and my teacher let everyone out early, I stayed and then @poet and another friend came in and we started having a bit of a dance party, was great fun, everyone else was staring at us through the window wondering what the heck we were doing though haha. Was a great way to end my final class of high school.

I will try and update.

technodisney

• Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2018, 12:57:50 pm »
+8
umm sooo yeah study, that's a thing I should probably be doing more of. I am averaging around 3 hours a day, so I am getting work done although very very slowly.

My EngLang I am doing pretty well in, my tutor is helping me properly understand so much stuff and now I have the confidence that I am able to get a study score over 25, probably not much over but at least I am going to get that study score, or at least that is how it seems.
Methods is scaring me in some ways but I like how there is a pattern in all the exams so most questions that will be on the 2018 exam I would have seen something very similar to before.
ITs I am still fairly confident with.
Business I don't really give a crap about, it is going to be my 5th subject anyway so I am putting rock bottom effort into that.

My Grandpa had emergency surgery over the weekend (4th operation in 2 weeks) and I came up to visit him for a few days over the weekend to keep my Grandma and Mum company as they were stressing about it all so much and I had to keep them company or they would lose their mind. He has been super healthy until recently so this s terrible timing for all this to happen just before my exams, he looks to be on the mend now though and we are just praying that there would be no more complications.

I have rejected some things that people have asked me to do, because I need to focus on study right now and not have to stress about all these other things.

I am going to PAX Saturday, back when I got the tickets it seemed like a great idea, now that I am in the moment I would chose not to go because it is going to just end up being a bit of a distraction on everything as it takes a full day off of studying.

Muck up day last Friday was fun, a good break where I didn't have to worry about school or study at all for one day. It is the weirdest feeling ever thinking that there are some people whom I have gone to school with the past 6 years and may NEVER see again. I am done with scheduled classes and out of the schools legal care. I have even added a few of my more favourite teachers on Facebook.

I didn't end up getting that job I was confident I was going to get so I dunno what I am going to do in December especially because I need money.

Just a few weeks left and I will be done, then I will be free and have one big thing off of my chest. I can do this, we can all do this.

technodisney

• Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2018, 10:24:10 am »
+6
Well it's' been a while since my last post. I guess I will update all you guys on what I am up to.

I have changed my preferences at least for now and I have now decided I want to do a diploma of Live Production and Techincal Services at RMIT. It doesn't actually require and ATAR and just an interview so I guess that has taken a bunch of pressure off of me. I am still trying but if I don't get the ATAR I want as long as I do well in the interview (which I am pretty sure I will as I have a keen interest in that stuff and have some experience) I am going to be all good and if I hate Live Production after a year, 1 year through the course I will have a Cert IV and that will render my ATAR redundant (at least that is my understand of how it works) if I then want to get into a bachelor of teaching or computer science.

My first exam is today, it feels weird because most of the cohort has sat 1 or 2 exams but then there is me who is yet to sit 1, so I am in that stage of worrying because I don't know what to expect and what it will feel like being in a VCE exam. I guess I am imagining it being very very similar to the GAT.
I have Methods Wednesday and Thursday then I am done for the week.

My Methods teacher may be coming over to my house tomorrow with the scribe I am having so I can go through and do a practice exam with a scribe. So I am kinda freaking out about that, I don't want a teacher coming over to my house, even though she is one of my favourite teachers it is odd enough seeing a teacher in public let alone at my house.  :-\

I have had more massive distractions from study because my Grandpa went into septic shock and I had to rush up to Bendigo with my Mum because at that stage we were unaware if he would survive the next couple of days.
Luckily he did and seems to be right on the mend now but the whole ordeal brought me out of study from Thursday night until around 4pm yesterday. I did being my books up but I hardly got a chance as I had to help my Grandma around the house doing chores so she doesn't stress herself out too much.

I am currently sitting in the common room at school procrastinating and stressing about not doing work yet I have all of my Business books out in front of me right now. I am feeling a little overwhelmed and are unsure what I do and don't know and which bits I should be focussing on, I am looking forward to throwing all of this business crap out tonight lol. So many bits of paper I am never going to have to look at again.

My tutor for EngLang is starting to annoy me as she is making me do so so much work, I know I should be doing it but she is starting to really annoy me, I guess when it's all over I am going to be thankful that she is pushing me so much.

PAX was heaps of fun and ended up being a good break, the highlights were playing Smash Bros Ultimate, seeing Bajo from Good Game (RIP) and playing board games surrounded by nerds. Only when I was in the car on the way home did my mind kick back into school mode and I started stressing. I tried to initiate convo in the car to distract myself but both my friend and his dad were super exhausted so that didn't happen and I started stressing about missing a day of study.

As soon as Methods is over I am going to start pretty much cramming for both of my IT subjects while dedicating more time to EngLang.
Methods I am feeling ok about. I am in the top half of my class and averaging around a 70, our SACs are quite difficult. I'm expecting a study score around 30 as I have been studying but haven't been doing as much as is ideal.

I like just rambling all this out lol. Sorry it is all very incoherent.

Anyways back to hopefully studying now
Lachlan out :)
#namereveal

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2018, 12:52:17 pm »
+2
Lachlan out :)
#namereveal
:O  HOOLEH MOOLEH I DIDN'T KNOW YOUR NAME UNTIL NOW!!!1!

I'm so glad that your EngLang tutor is really pushing you - you need that shove along, and you'll get there. Don't stress about the whole "1st exam omg" thing; you will walk in, sit down at your place, and work it out. And before you know it, it'll all be over. And you'll never have to rest your stress-reddened and crusty eyes on a stupid business book ever again.

BTW I am still so jealous you got to see Bajo.

(but also bro you can do this!)

Gooooo sports team!! <3
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating