Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:21:56 am

Author Topic: Can I still achieve a 98 Atar  (Read 1301 times)

ahmedmalik1

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Can I still achieve a 98 Atar
« on: May 07, 2018, 08:33:40 pm »
Hey everyone, so I just received my half-yearly results back and my results are definitely not what I expected as I had worked so hard for higher marks. I go to a ~150 ranked school
Half Yearly Results:
Maths X1: 73 Rank: ~15/55
Maths 2U: 83 Rank: ~35/100+
PDHPE: 91 Rank: ~5/100+~
Chemistry: 81: Rank~13/90
Business Std: 83 Rank~15/100+
English Adv: 88 Rank~40/160
These results aren't horrible but I had such high expectations. I know trials will be much harder and this term is packed with assessments but I just feel so demotivated to try harder as my efforts have been in a sense fruitless as compared to my expectations. What can I do to change this? Thanks

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Can I still achieve a 98 Atar
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 11:31:03 pm »
Welcome to the forums Ahmed ;D

To answer your titular question - Yes, you absolutely can still score a 98+ ATAR, or whatever other goal you set for yourself. At no stage does a particular result exclude you from a specific ATAR, it just means you need to work a bit harder down the track. That said, your results look awesome, no need to stress whatsoever!

That said, I get that you aren't where you want to be. The first step is to figure out, in each exam, exactly what went wrong. Was it an exam technique thing? Was your time management off and that impacted your study schedule? Are there specific topics you aren't clicking with? Figure out exactly what the problems are, on a super specific level, and come up with an action plan to address each one of them. For example, if you were let down by your Business Studies Multiple Choice, maybe you should do a practice MC once a week for the rest of Term 2 to get yourself back up to speed.

Identify specific problems, and plan specific solutions - This will hopefully keep you moving and keep you motivated ;D