Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:41:47 am

Author Topic: How do you study for HSC Spanish Begginers?  (Read 7275 times)  Share 

marlo.igna

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
How do you study for HSC Spanish Begginers?
« on: January 26, 2018, 10:51:59 pm »
+1
It looks like that this is a board that isn´t used that much, but I kinda have trouble studying for Spanish.

I currently use Duolingo, and jutĦst look through my book once a week to review the stuff I learned in class, but other than that I feel like I´m not studying correctly for the upcoming Half Yealies and Trial exams and it making me kinda nervous.

If anyone has any tips, that would be awesome! ĦBuenas noches y dios te bendiga!

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
Re: How do you study for HSC Spanish Begginers?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 03:00:22 pm »
+2
It looks like that this is a board that isn´t used that much, but I kinda have trouble studying for Spanish.

I currently use Duolingo, and jutĦst look through my book once a week to review the stuff I learned in class, but other than that I feel like I´m not studying correctly for the upcoming Half Yealies and Trial exams and it making me kinda nervous.

If anyone has any tips, that would be awesome! ĦBuenas noches y dios te bendiga!

Hola!

When you're studying a beginners language I really highly recommend making an effort to write a short passage (maybe 100-200 words) each week or each fortnight. Set yourself a mini stimulus like, "Write a letter to a friend that recounts your week" or "Write a letter to your future self." This way you're constantly using new tenses in action, and also expanding your vocabulary immensely because it's not just the words the textbook suggests you use, you're using your own relevant words. Building vocabulary is essential to learning a beginners language! Then to practice your speaking, work on reading it out loud so you can master punctuation and accent :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

marlo.igna

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: How do you study for HSC Spanish Begginers?
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 09:34:20 pm »
+1
Hola!

When you're studying a beginners language I really highly recommend making an effort to write a short passage (maybe 100-200 words) each week or each fortnight. Set yourself a mini stimulus like, "Write a letter to a friend that recounts your week" or "Write a letter to your future self." This way you're constantly using new tenses in action, and also expanding your vocabulary immensely because it's not just the words the textbook suggests you use, you're using your own relevant words. Building vocabulary is essential to learning a beginners language! Then to practice your speaking, work on reading it out loud so you can master punctuation and accent :)

Thanks so much! I will definitely try this method out.