Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 10:02:52 am

Author Topic: HELP  (Read 3797 times)  Share 

huss1235

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +5
HELP
« on: September 29, 2017, 12:55:15 pm »
hi so i  am studying about the build up of plaque and i came across arteriosclerosis and atherosclerosis inst arteriosclerosis the  the hardening of the arteries  which causes it lose elasticity  and narrow the arteries  and therefore the blood vessels cannot expand so there is less   blood flow . as a result the body has to work harder to produce blood flow which can cause strain to the heart
am i right if yes what is atherosclerosis thank you

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
Re: HELP
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 02:48:19 pm »
hi so i  am studying about the build up of plaque and i came across arteriosclerosis and atherosclerosis inst arteriosclerosis the  the hardening of the arteries  which causes it lose elasticity  and narrow the arteries  and therefore the blood vessels cannot expand so there is less   blood flow . as a result the body has to work harder to produce blood flow which can cause strain to the heart
am i right if yes what is atherosclerosis thank you

Yesss you are correct!

Atherosclerosis is a type of arteriosclerosis, although in some cases people use both words as synonyms. But to go in depth, atherosclerosis more so refers to the build up of substances like fats and cholestrol
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

monicahiga

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: HELP
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 05:14:31 pm »
Atherosclerosis refers to the build-up of plague in the arteries, making it harder for the heart to pump blood throughout the body. On the other hand, Arteriolosclerosis is the hardening of the arteries and the subsequent loss of elasticity.

Hope that makes it clearer  :) Just think athero- blockage and arterio- hardening