Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 03:25:20 am

Author Topic: PDHPE Notes  (Read 28114 times)  Share 

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
PDHPE Notes
« on: February 25, 2016, 11:15:37 am »
Hey everyone!

If you're looking for free HSC PDHPE Notes, you're in the right place.

We have PDHPE Health Priorities notes, and Factors Affecting Performance notes that cover all dot points in the HSC PDHPE syllabus for the Core sections.

We also have comprehensive notes for Sports Medicine and Improving Performance.

These notes were written by a Band 6 student and are fully relevant to the 2016 PDHPE syllabus.

You will need to be logged into an ATAR Notes account to download the notes - but making an account is free, so don't stress! Just click the links below to go to the notes download page.

PDHPE Health Priorities Notes
PDHPE Factors Affecting Performance Notes
PDHPE Improving Performance Notes
PDHPE Sports Medicine Notes
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

WLalex

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: PDHPE Notes
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 09:18:42 am »
Hi, thanks so much for these notes they are awesome!!
You guys are helping yr 12 so much, just a reply of appreciation
"You don't want to look back and know you could have done better"

2016: Advanced English, Mathematics , Extension Maths, Chemistry, SOR II, PDHPE

ATAR: 97.70

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 07:45:44 am »
Hi, thanks so much for these notes they are awesome!!
You guys are helping yr 12 so much, just a reply of appreciation

Sorry it took us a while to see this, but THANK YOU! You are most welcome, we are happy to help  ;D ;D ;D

isabel_lorenz1

• Adventurer
  • School: Trinity Catholic College
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 09:19:38 am »
OMG you are a lifesaver coming up to trials! the improving performance notes are much appreciated as one class is ahead of us on the syllabus and im scared for the options !! :-)

kmorritt

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 10:57:06 pm »
Thank you so much, these notes helped identify areas that  I was missing in mine and they were easy to understand :)

Stefan K

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 11:23:56 pm »
Guys do we need to have knowledge on a health promotion initiative such as the National Tobacco Strategy in relation to the five action areas? Thanks :) Oh and if so, how many initiatives?

fizzy.123

• Forum Regular
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 11:46:57 pm »
Guys do we need to have knowledge on a health promotion initiative such as the National Tobacco Strategy in relation to the five action areas? Thanks :) Oh and if so, how many initiatives?

yes you definitely need to! the syllabus says 2 health promotion initiatives.

biancadunn_

• Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 03:06:24 pm »
Thanks so much for these notes!! Good to compare my own to getting closer to the exam :)

The Timzone

• Adventurer
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 06:08:41 pm »
+1
Thanks guys. Keep doing all the good work by helping HSC students complete the HSC.

scyouknow13

• Adventurer
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 06:46:36 pm »
Would it be wise to solely depend on pre made notes either by ATAR notes or past HSC students?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 02:44:13 pm »
Would it be wise to solely depend on pre made notes either by ATAR notes or past HSC students?

Hey! Welcome to the forums!

Those sort of notes are fantastic for a study resource and learning tool. They can free up valuable time that would normally be spent preparing a set of notes, so you can use it for practice questions/other stuff. Particularly true for the ATAR Notes materials written by the lecturers, because it is succinct and something you can actually use like you would study notes - Not a huge textbook with heaps of unnecessary stuff. This is great!

However, there is definitely benefits to having your own set of notes. A set of notes written by you will work better for you then pretty much anything else - Because you know how you learn. You know what works and how you remember your content.

So I suppose it depends on you as a learner! Time is way better spent practicing and actively applying your content than writing notes, which is the benefit of purchasing them, but a good set of notes calibrated to you can be beneficial too as it can make you more efficient.

PS - Posters rule. Whether you make notes or not, I'm a massive advocate of posters. Made them for Physics and Math. If I did HSC Physics again right now, I'd use the ATAR Notes Physics Notes as my study notes (I wrote them, I'm definitely bias, ahaha!) but then make posters further summarising the content the way I like it :)

Neilab

• Forum Regular
  • School: Riverside Girls High School
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 03:38:40 pm »
+1
What qualifies a good example? My school is REALLY strict on examples and we can lose up to 50% of our marks if our examples are "weak"

What is a good strategy to remember the PDHPE syllabus?

Mod Edit: Posts merged. You can use the Modify button in the top right to avoid posting twice in a row ;D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 03:51:46 pm by jamonwindeyer »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 04:00:56 pm »
What qualifies a good example? My school is REALLY strict on examples and we can lose up to 50% of our marks if our examples are "weak"

I'm not sure about the examples in PE specifically, but in general, examples should be detailed and relate to what you are discussing! A lot of people give an example that doesn't really link to the topic of discussion. Even if its good, that's a no go ;)

Check out these ways to study! Hope they help you memorise the stuff you need :)

Rathin

• Trendsetter
  • Arthur Phillip High School
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 04:24:27 pm »
+1

Mod Edit: Posts merged. You can use the Modify button in the top right to avoid posting twice in a row ;D

Make sure your examples are relevant to the current times..even the current year!!! E.g You want to state leading cause of death with the latest data as it can change every year...CVD and Cancer are always interchanging. Also a massive thing is to have examples that are relevant to you wherever possible..e.g. when talking about Injuries make sure its from a sport you know of e.g. I play quite a bit of cricket so a good example for me for a Contusion (Direct Soft Tissue Injury..basically bruising lel) is a cricket ball hitting you in the thigh..for a Boxing athlete it may be a punch in the face (most commonly purple eye).

A good method to know the syllabus inside out is to teach someone or an inanimate object in your house the whole syllabus by each dot point as teaching is the best way to learn :D

Hope this helps! Good luck :)   
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 04:26:04 pm by Rathin »
2017 HSC
4u | 3u | Physics | Biology | Adv Eng | PDHPE

Neilab

• Forum Regular
  • School: Riverside Girls High School
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 04:34:33 pm »
Make sure your examples are relevant to the current times..even the current year!!! E.g You want to state leading cause of death with the latest data as it can change every year...CVD and Cancer are always interchanging. Also a massive thing is to have examples that are relevant to you wherever possible..e.g. when talking about Injuries make sure its from a sport you know of e.g. I play quite a bit of cricket so a good example for me for a Contusion (Direct Soft Tissue Injury..basically bruising lel) is a cricket ball hitting you in the thigh..for a Boxing athlete it may be a punch in the face (most commonly purple eye).

A good method to know the syllabus inside out is to teach someone or an inanimate object in your house the whole syllabus by each dot point as teaching is the best way to learn :D

Hope this helps! Good luck :)

thank youu!