Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 09:34:52 pm

Author Topic: Cartographer? Do you work with Archaeologist? -zofro's journal on GeoSpat Sci  (Read 17826 times)

zofromuxo

• Forum Leader
  • Everything you want is on the other side of Fear
  • Respect: +203
"Research! Papers! Journals! Jobs!" 30/07/19
I thought making maps was cool, but research on maps is cooler!
Did you know that using a spectral rainbow colour scheme results inaccurate interpretation data then using a single colour scheme that changes based on lightness/darkness aka chroma or was it saturation?
Have you heard of the relief inversion effect?

So thats what I've been doing for the last couple of months is doing research with maps.I know it sounds boring and look boring, but you can discover some interesting things on how people use maps.
As for journals and papers, that is a work in progress. I now understand why research students who are tutors like rushing out of the tutes, writing papers takes a lot of time!!!

As for jobs, well, I'm up to 20+ rejections, maybe ask me late last year if I get one.
Jack of all trades, master of none.
Hence why i'm in all these different threads and boards.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Did you know that using a spectral rainbow colour scheme results inaccurate interpretation data then using a single colour scheme that changes based on lightness/darkness aka chroma or was it saturation?

So thats what I've been doing for the last couple of months is doing research with maps.I know it sounds boring and look boring, but you can discover some interesting things on how people use maps.
As for journals and papers, that is a work in progress. I now understand why research students who are tutors like rushing out of the tutes, writing papers takes a lot of time!!!

As for jobs, well, I'm up to 20+ rejections, maybe ask me late last year if I get one.

Great to hear from you! :)

That actually sounds pretty neat to me. What's the plan for the next few months? Just keep plugging away at getting a job?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425

This was exactly how I felt last year, research and all!

Took me a while to get anything as well, but kept plugging at it and eventually was successful. Please don’t be discouraged by the rejections and learn from them instead. Good luck with your research and hope you’re successful in your job hunt soon!
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

zofromuxo

• Forum Leader
  • Everything you want is on the other side of Fear
  • Respect: +203
@Joseph41, Its good to be back - hopefully for good. The plan is to keep doing my research, prep a presentation of it for a conference, applying for all the vacation/graduate programs that close this month and pass my courses.

@AngelWings, Thanks for the advice! I shoot your advice back to you as well! I can safely say i'll be bothering you next year, when I too will be doing my honor's research next year!
Jack of all trades, master of none.
Hence why i'm in all these different threads and boards.