Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 05:41:19 pm

Author Topic: The Last Term of SCHOOL!!!  (Read 4194 times)

envisagator

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +20
Re: The Last Term of SCHOOL!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2018, 10:16:25 am »
Uhh been a while since I updated, past week and a bit have been a struggle.

Since I got my trial results back I have been really demotivated, lost any sort of desire for getting a high atar (>95), spent a lot of time worrying about choosing aeronautical and whether I should do mechanical instead. Plus, spending a lot of time about whether to go to UNSW or USYD. It has been a real  struggle, our school whom likes to do trial at the end of last term, has a final set of assessment task and tests during this last term.

So recently I had my physics final assessment task on Medical Phyics, was currently ranked 2nd. Due to my lack of motivation, my preparation for it was really poor. I ended up getting 15/20 with the highest being 18/20. I firmly believe the marking criteria was overloaded and was marked harshly. My lack on concentration made be lose a mark on explaining the difference between coherent and incoherent bundles in which I wrote the correct explanation for both, but for some reason I didnt write the 'in' in 'incoherent' which meant I wrote 2 explanations for coherent bundle that contradicted each other. This resulted in my final rank being pushed to 4th, otherwise I woudlve tied overall 3rd rank.

Basically after the Physics 'choking' I was dead inside. Then on Wednesday, my leg tripped jumping over a wooden fence and landed on my left knee. It was really painful and after a few hours started to swell up, went to the doctors the next day, they said it was a MCL sprain (medial collateral ligament) and had to take a few days rest.

Now I'm playing the waiting game to get back in shape. Even though the past week has been miserable, it gave me time to reflect on what I wish to do in the future and boosted my morale. Hopefully now I can do well in the HSC exam so that I can hopefully get above 95. I still have an assignment + speech task on monday for engineering, mxt 1 exam on next thursday and mxt 2 the following week. Hopefully they do well.

Hopefully my final ranks will be:
English Standard - 2/92
MXT 1 - 5/17
MXT 2 - 2/5
Physics - 4/14 :(
Engineering Studies - 5/19

Fingers crossed and hoping for the best  :) :) :)
2018 HSC: English Standard          Mathematics EXT 1,2          Physics          Engineering Studies

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: The Last Term of SCHOOL!!!
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2018, 10:42:21 am »
+1
 :(

That sucks.

I preformed really poorly in a physics assessment at the end of term 2 last year and lost all motivation to do anything for a while. Literally went home and cried.
In the end,  that isolated mark only had emotional/psychological meaning (to me & the classmate who scored higher as a result), as in the end it didn't control my score at all.
I hope that you have a similar experience and that next week is better than this one.