Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:57:33 am

Author Topic: English Advanced: Module A comparative essay  (Read 3129 times)

audreycat

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
English Advanced: Module A comparative essay
« on: March 21, 2019, 08:41:22 pm »
this is my intro, any feedback would be great,
Campion draws on Keats’ poetry in a cinematic vision that is similarly wrought by the use of Romantic imagery, motifs and complex metaphors.

How does the poetic form and cinematography mirror Romantic ideals?

The nature of the romanticism period inevitably evoked the creative stimulus of imagination and the sublimity of the natural world, concepts mirrored through Keats’ poetry and re-expressed in the contemporary medium of a film, ‘Bright Star’, directed by Jane Campion. John Keats exploits the romantic ideals of the 18th century, through the use of Romantic imagery, motifs and complex metaphors, expressed in the poetic medium; La Belle Dame Sans Merci, and An Ode on a Grecian Urn. The romantic conventions of nature and imagination are conveyed through both Campion's film Bright Star, and Keats’ poetic literature.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: English Advanced: Module A comparative essay
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 11:53:36 pm »
+1
Welcome to the forums Audrey! :)

I think this intro is great, overall! You present the themes, link the texts together through their romanticist style, and tie it all together into a logical argument. I think you could add a sentence which explains how Campion's film builds on the ideas in a new form for the modern audience, just to give a bit more recognition to that contextual difference (it is the focus of the module, after all) - But this is a great start, nicely done ;D