Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 11:14:17 am

Author Topic: An open letter to my school friends  (Read 1366 times)  Share 

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
An open letter to my school friends
« on: September 12, 2018, 07:55:22 pm »
+11
Thought i'd share something i'm writing for my friends at school. I am also writing personalized ones for each person in our group
Whether its a farewell letter, a letter of reflection or whatever; i just think its a nice thing to do at this time.
Hopefully by sharing what i wrote, others may be inspired to do something similar.

Dear Friends
How does this work? Like what am i supposed to say to you all? To those who have become a large part of my life (seeing you and hanging out with you all 5 days a week, 6 hours a day is quite large). I guess i should say thank you for being my friends throughout high school. I appreciate it. Some of you i may have been friends with longer than others. But that doesn't matter. Time in terms of your relationships is an irrelevant concept. What matters is who you chose to come into your life, and who stayed; and well if you're reading this then that's you.

Thank you for making school more bearable and providing me with good times and laughs; it made everything better. High school can be a tough time, but it is also a time for growth and self-discovery. I want to thank you all for making it a good time over the course of this journey. You all helped to get through it and helped me to grow as a person both in your own ways and as a group; and for that i am proud to have gone through this journey with you. I truly learned so much from each one of you.

I don't usually say this type of stuff, and you might not expect it from me. You probably have a different impression of me. I hope that despite everything, i had a positive impact on your lives and you don't regret being friends with me at all. Just in case I never told you, I’m always going to be grateful for you guys getting me to where I am now and for sticking by me.

But times change. The HSC is just around the corner, and then what? Sure we have our schoolies trip planned but what happens then? We'll probably all going to different schools and going for different careers and that itself put us on different paths. Life happens, but one thing that will never change is how things were throughout our time in school. Even if life gets crazy we'll always have those days to look back on and know that i'll ALWAYS be hoping for the best for all of you. I wish you all success in whatever you do, and wherever life takes you. Lastly, I want to let you all know I'll never forget any of you and i'll always be rooting for you. No matter where life takes us, know that you'll always have a friend in me. I'm thankful for having every one of you in my life and i am honored and proud to be able to call you my friends.

From your ever grateful and ever loyal friend, Adam
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU