Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 04:35:06 pm

Author Topic: Veterinary medicine interviews  (Read 1423 times)  Share 

claire_bensted

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Veterinary medicine interviews
« on: November 27, 2017, 10:10:12 pm »
hi! I have an interview at the university of Adelaide for veterinary medicine next year. Does anyone have any advice for what to expect or how to prepare? thanks

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Veterinary medicine interviews
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 11:08:14 pm »
+3
Hey Claire!

I'm afraid I'll be useless in the vet med area, but I can say from previous interview experiences that once you show your reasons (usually incorporating your passion, potential/ aptitude and suitability for vet med) and speak with clarity and confidence, things can't go too wrong. Don't try to overthink or over-correct your answers - Occam's razor is often the best motto when you're stuck on what they're looking for! Experience with volunteering at animal shelters or related experience, whether that be from owning a pet yourself or helping your grandma on the family farm, will also bode well. If all else fails, go in with guns blazing and make sure to give it your all! Nothing can stop them from saying your didn't try your best, if you really did!

I'd probably prepare by actually writing down your reasons in words on paper. This way, you can see them properly and change them to your liking. Just ensure you don't prepare a full script; this comes off as over-rehearsed and your delivery falls flat. Instead, dot point your motivations and previous experience. The reasons of why you want this is almost guaranteed to be asked and people stumble on it way too easily.   

Hope that helps you. :)
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread