Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:58:29 pm

Author Topic: Post Selective School Exam Discussion  (Read 24884 times)  Share 

for_icarus

• Forum Regular
  • stay with me... 真夜中のドアをたたき :)
  • Respect: +2
Re: Post Selective School Exam Discussion
« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2019, 06:56:15 pm »
i believe in you and everyone!!
Lol thank you, makes me feel at lest a bit better!
my goals
⎡Y10⎦ ✧  Methods 1/2 ⚬ Physics U2 
⎡Y11⎦ ✧ MM 3/4 ⚬ Phys 3/4 ⚬ Chem 1/2 ⚬ SM 1/2 ⚬ Eco 1/2 ⚬ Lit 1/2
⎡Y12⎦ ✧  Goal {98.00-99.95}
⎡UNI⎦ ✧  Ivy League

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
  • yes, it’s true i suck at math
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2019, 05:51:04 pm »
ok final question, if y’all are still here. I needed some clearing up on the offers and results. If you get don’t get an offer do you get sent a rejection letter on the day? and if anyone knows, if you get a second round offer or later will you still get a rejection letter on the day or will you just have to wait for the offer? Does that make sense? (sry bad wording im sick)

for_icarus

• Forum Regular
  • stay with me... 真夜中のドアをたたき :)
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #152 on: June 30, 2019, 11:32:00 am »
ok final question, if y’all are still here. I needed some clearing up on the offers and results. If you get don’t get an offer do you get sent a rejection letter on the day? and if anyone knows, if you get a second round offer or later will you still get a rejection letter on the day or will you just have to wait for the offer? Does that make sense? (sry bad wording im sick)
I heard they say ''sorry but your child was unsuccessful at obtaining a place at a selective school'' or something, it's not a ''rejection'' letter exactly but more of thing to tell you about how you went. You can still get second round or late offers after this, but you have to wait. Also, they can't tell you that you will get a late offer if that makes sense. So basically if you don't get in the first round you get a letter saying you didn't get in, but you can still get late offers and stuff. Hope this made sense aha.  (also, I don't actually know if all this is right but that's just what it says on the website and stuff)
Sorry for the late reply and good luck + happy holidays!
my goals
⎡Y10⎦ ✧  Methods 1/2 ⚬ Physics U2 
⎡Y11⎦ ✧ MM 3/4 ⚬ Phys 3/4 ⚬ Chem 1/2 ⚬ SM 1/2 ⚬ Eco 1/2 ⚬ Lit 1/2
⎡Y12⎦ ✧  Goal {98.00-99.95}
⎡UNI⎦ ✧  Ivy League

Hi im jeff

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2019, 01:10:16 pm »
Theres always year 10 entry if you dont get in!

The year 10 entry exam was so much easier. You should be able to finish all the questions for every test.

Lol idek why these tests are so hard. Guessing 15 to 20 questions shows how difficult these exams are. But it only matters how everyone else does so even if you feel you did bad dw.

Good luck.

m.yara184

• Trendsetter
« Reply #154 on: July 01, 2019, 11:24:57 am »
Theres always year 10 entry if you dont get in!

The year 10 entry exam was so much easier. You should be able to finish all the questions for every test.

Lol idek why these tests are so hard. Guessing 15 to 20 questions shows how difficult these exams are. But it only matters how everyone else does so even if you feel you did bad dw.

Good

Is the maths the same level of difficulty?

Hi im jeff

• Forum Regular
« Reply #155 on: July 01, 2019, 04:45:04 pm »

Nah its way easier. Its pretty much all about year 8-9 concepts.We didnt even get parabolas in the exam. You only need good time management and you should be fine.

m.yara184

• Trendsetter
« Reply #156 on: July 02, 2019, 12:07:06 am »
Nah its way easier. Its pretty much all about year 8-9 concepts.We didnt even get parabolas in the exam. You only need good time management and you should be fine.

So nothing was hard? What about verbal and numerical, because I found those two being the hardest components of the year 9 entrance exam

Hi im jeff

• Forum Regular
« Reply #157 on: July 03, 2019, 04:23:16 pm »
So nothing was hard? What about verbal and numerical, because I found those two being the hardest components of the year 9 entrance exam

Numerical was easy. It was designed to be able to be completed in the time frame. For Verbal it depends on your luck whether you have encountered a certain word before. But for the exam there were not too many definition questions as opposed to last year. I think if you get good grades at school for math, and decent scores for english you should be fine. I recommend not to focus too much on the reasoning tests and the math. Just focus on your writing because that essentially separates you from everyone else as not too many people have good writing skills.

m.yara184

• Trendsetter
« Reply #158 on: July 04, 2019, 01:44:18 am »
Numerical was easy. It was designed to be able to be completed in the time frame. For Verbal it depends on your luck whether you have encountered a certain word before. But for the exam there were not too many definition questions as opposed to last year. I think if you get good grades at school for math, and decent scores for english you should be fine. I recommend not to focus too much on the reasoning tests and the math. Just focus on your writing because that essentially separates you from everyone else as not too many people have good writing skills.

Are u talking about the year 9 entrance exam or year 10? Because I’ve already done the year 9 one and found the maths to be rlly easy but I thought numerical was the hardest

Hi im jeff

• Forum Regular
« Reply #159 on: July 09, 2019, 03:51:52 pm »
Are u talking about the year 9 entrance exam or year 10? Because I’ve already done the year 9 one and found the maths to be rlly easy but I thought numerical was the hardest
year 10

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
« Reply #160 on: July 09, 2019, 08:51:33 pm »
Guys how do you get superiors in reading comp and verbal reasoning?

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
« Reply #161 on: July 09, 2019, 08:53:37 pm »
In previous years, I keep getting high averages for that. I want a superior or above average this time.

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
« Reply #162 on: July 10, 2019, 02:10:45 pm »
Guys how do you get superiors in reading comp and verbal reasoning?
are u doing it next year?
if so, i suggest doing a lot of practice tests and expanding your vocab. imo i think reading and verbal were really easy this year so it shouldn’t be much of a struggle if you got your vocab and time management down.

StudyFREAK

• Adventurer
« Reply #163 on: July 12, 2019, 10:09:28 pm »
I am more stressed after the exam, that on the exam day. Hope I get in.....

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
« Reply #164 on: July 14, 2019, 05:01:15 pm »
sorry, I have too many questions.
around what percentage is usually a superior? i know it’s different for each module, but just overall; what percentage is usually a sup?