Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 03:54:37 pm

Poll

Extended Response?

Classical/Operant Conditioning.
16 (37.2%)
Classical/One Trial Learning.
5 (11.6%)
ICD/DSM.
4 (9.3%)
Mental Health/Illness.
18 (41.9%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Extended Response or Section C - End of Year.  (Read 10251 times)  Share 

Anon123

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +22
Re: Extended Response or Section C - End of Year.
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 06:48:27 pm »
Calculators would be a very minor thing, the marking scheme would not be wrong here; and yes, my teacher too has said that there is a good chance for it to be an ERA, but I don't want to trust that after they asked about A.R/Alzheimer at the mid-year
Re: Silly things you did during the exam..
I accidentally wrote a really shit context essay, oh wai-

English (33>31)
called it

dh1993

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 09:24:38 pm »
Since unit 3 exam had the essay-type question that didn't need research methods, I think this time they're going to have an extended response about stating research methods, with all the P value discussions, operationalised hypotheses etc.

burbs

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Fuck da police - Aristotle
  • Respect: +227
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 09:27:26 pm »
cbf reading whole thread but probs research methods

SamiJ

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +6
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2011, 06:57:25 pm »
cbf reading whole thread but probs research methods

Lazy  :P
2010: Biology [100] ;)
2011: English [61]
Mathematical Methods (CAS) [75]
Chemistry [84]
Physics [99]
Psychology [∞]
2012:.... ???

zb10

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: TAFE
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 02:48:15 pm »
+1
I hope it's a research methods question.
My teacher was initially saying it would be something on allostasis or your choice of either gambling, depression or schizophrenia  :-\ BUT I no longer trust him because he told me for the mid-year that Alzheimer's would DEFINITELY be something minor and not to study too much for it and concentrate on more important things  >:(

ANYWAY I went to lecture by Roger Edwards (chief examiner!) and he said it definitely wouldn't be gambling, depression or schizophrenia and that if anything, they would be a short answer worth about 5-6 marks instead.

But yeah, HOPE its a research methods question, hope VCAA doesn't pull any shit surprises like the mid-year  >:(
"He who would learn to fly one say must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Camo

• Sir President Father Professor Sergeant Admiral Grandmaster Camo OAM
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • I love you like the little taco's.
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2011, 03:13:53 pm »
I was told by an examiner yesterday there was a massive push for Alzheimers to be on the mid-year and that for the end of year there is a massive push for coping with stress as it costs millions per year.
‎"We divert our attention from disease and death as much as we can; and the slaughter-houses and indecencies without end on which our life is founded are huddled out of sight and never mentioned, so that the world we recognize officially in literature and in society is a poetic fiction far handsomer and cleaner and better than the world that really is."
- William James.

tha boss

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
  • School: ksc
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2011, 03:23:34 pm »
I was told by an examiner yesterday there was a massive push for Alzheimers to be on the mid-year and that for the end of year there is a massive push for coping with stress as it costs millions per year.
what you mean it costs millions per year

Zafaraaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2011, 03:49:59 pm »
+1

Hmm, I wouldn't be surprised! To me it seems, they're basing extended response Q's on health awareness? hahaha I heard they put Alzheimer's in for mid-years because the Victorian Government believes it's an "under-represented condition and needs more awareness" :S I'm thinking it may either be stress-coping strategies or something based around stress/anxiety...for some reason, I don't think it'll be on learning :-\
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle" -Plato

playsimme

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 03:53:45 pm »
oh well, 10 marks shouldnt be too bad whatever it is.. I mean what's the worst they could ask us? explain biofeedback for 10 marks? D:

Camo

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 04:03:10 pm »

Hmm, I wouldn't be surprised! To me it seems, they're basing extended response Q's on health awareness? hahaha I heard they put Alzheimer's in for mid-years because the Victorian Government believes it's an "under-represented condition and needs more awareness" :S I'm thinking it may either be stress-coping strategies or something based around stress/anxiety...for some reason, I don't think it'll be on learning :-\

Well they were suggesting biofeedback but the examiner said learn all the characteristics of one.
‎"We divert our attention from disease and death as much as we can; and the slaughter-houses and indecencies without end on which our life is founded are huddled out of sight and never mentioned, so that the world we recognize officially in literature and in society is a poetic fiction far handsomer and cleaner and better than the world that really is."
- William James.

ReganM

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • What is being active?
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 08:58:26 pm »
Haha, how cruel to have something about coping with stress during the end-of-year exam. :P

I think it could be research methods, come on, they already made us do an essay question in the midyears!!!
Graduated in 2011.

Bachelor of Science at Melbourne. Biological Science subjects.

Camo

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 09:15:42 pm »
+1
Haha, how cruel to have something about coping with stress during the end-of-year exam. :P

I think it could be research methods, come on, they already made us do an essay question in the midyears!!!

Research methods is so bland and boring though.

BRING ON STRESS! I WANT TO CHALLENGE MYSELF!
- William James.

playsimme

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2011, 09:39:02 pm »
I want the exam to be hard but manageable. I need to redeem myself

Camo

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2011, 09:45:20 pm »
Quoting examiner again, this exam was the hardest psychology exam he had ever seen.
- William James.

CaptainAwesome

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2011, 09:44:36 pm »
+7
Look through the study design, and find the smallest, most insignificant and unlikely concept possible. It's that. :P
2010: Japanese SL [28]
2011: Psychology [40] | Business Management [34] | English [32] | English Language [34] | Media [41]
2012-2014: Bachelor of Arts (Languages) @ Monash
2015: ???????