Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:56:57 pm

Author Topic: ThunderDragon's VCE Journey  (Read 13265 times)

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +110
Re: ThunderDragon's VCE Journey
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2020, 05:31:16 pm »
Wow 7-8 hours a day!!!! Your amazing! I thought I was doing heaps doing 1-2 per day :(

You’ll definitely get that 90th percentile!!!!!!
haha nah I think I'm going to cut it to 6 - 7 hours a day just so I don't burn out. Thanks! Good luck to you too!
2019 - Geography [41]
2020 - English, Methods, Chem, Bio and Psych [39]
2021 - 2023 Bachelor of Science at Monash

ThunderDragon's Journey to Med

Currently offering tutoring in 3/4 Psychology for 2022. PM if interested!

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2020, 05:32:23 pm »
Great to see your dedication and persistence! I just want to point out quality>quantity. 8-10 hours is A LOT (I don't even think I'm awake for that long LOL) and you might find yourself getting burnt out very quickly. I also doubt it will help you in the long-term, and it's best to take it bit by bit. UCAT takes quite a lot of brainpower and you might feel mentally strained if you're doing it for that long continuously, so remember to take breaks and ensure that you aren't getting tired/the quality of your preparation is not decreasing over time.

Good luck!
haha yeah that is very true. I'm planning to cut down to 6 - 7 hours with a few breaks. Good luck to you too!
2019 - Geography [41]

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2020, 10:10:29 pm »
+9
Update - 24/07/2020

Hey everyone. It's been a while since I updated my journal mainly busy with studying for the UCAT haha. I will try and update this journal every 1 - 2 weeks now that UCAT is over. In regards to UCAT, I didn't do too amazing and actually a bit disappointed since I got 84th - 85th Percentile although it is still possible to get into med albeit ATAR is now much more important now and I've got to work hard.

English
Honestly, I'm doing very average in this subject having previously received a B+ and an A for my first two sacs. Got my text response Sac back today and got a B+. Was alright with it although slightly surprised since I was expecting a C after finishing my SAC since I thought I wrote a whole bunch of garbage. We have started comparative but our upcoming SAC is the ''Oral'' Presentation which I think in our case, is going to just be written under test conditions. Aiming for A+ in the Unit 4 SACS. My study score goal for English right now is around 43 - 45 provided I do well on my Unit 4 SACS and the exam.

Methods
I completed my Unit 3 SAC a few days ago and I will say that the SAC was bloody stupid and hard as shit. I know this subject is in my bottom 2 and I knew going in that I wasn't expecting much as I expected around 30 - 50%. However, never did I realize that I might not even get 10% on this SAC. Even the smart kids said that they would be happy with a 50 - 60% on the SAC. Only thing keeping me from being super angry and depressed is that our Methods SACS are known to scale a lot. My study score goal for Methods right now is 25 - 30.

Chemistry
Completed my Unit 4 AOS 3 Poster SAC and I think I did fairly well although everyone I assume did pretty well so I'm probs going to get around the average mark. My upcoming SAC is the Rates of Reactions and Equilibrium SAC which I actually think might be the easiest AOS besides Food Chem. My study score goal for Chemistry right now is 42 - 45.

Biology
Completed my Unit 3 AOS 2 SAC a few days ago and felt decent about it. It was definitely much better than the first SAC. We are currently working on our Unit 4 AOS 3 SAC which I assume is going to be alright. This subject has been kinda of a roller coaster but it's good at the moment. My study score goal for Biology right now is 45+ provided I do well for Unit 4 and the exams.

Psychology
Best subject and Favorite subject still. Completed my Unit 4 AOS 3 SAC and in comparison to the first two Sacs, was much harder since it was a poster Sac under timed conditions however they only gave us the data of the second hand experiment during the SAC and we had to write basically a 4 page discussion. Probs won't do as well as my first two Sacs but since everyone would find it hard, it would scale up more. My study score  goal for Psychology right now is 47+.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 03:47:40 pm by ThunderDragon »
2019 - Geography [41]

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2020, 10:11:46 am »
+3
Congrats on that UCAT score it’s amazing!!! (I’m not  sure if you know this but some University’s like UTAS just need 50th percentile).

Also your methods sac sounds a lot like mine I’m also now aiming for 25-30 after that monstrosity! But I beleive you’ll achieve all your goals you’ve been working so hard :)))
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2020, 01:53:56 pm »
Congrats on that UCAT score it’s amazing!!! (I’m not  sure if you know this but some University’s like UTAS just need 50th percentile).

Also your methods sac sounds a lot like mine I’m also now aiming for 25-30 after that monstrosity! But I beleive you’ll achieve all your goals you’ve been working so hard :)))
Haha thanks! Yeah methods is seriously giving me such a headache right now and what makes it even worse is that all my friends are pretty much set for a 40+ in Methods at least and I'm here hoping for a 25.
2019 - Geography [41]

Thunderdragon2

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2020, 12:51:56 pm »
Congratulations ThunderDragon! >///< My fellow dragon brethren uwuuu >///<. Just wanted to let you know I am extremely proud of you for obtaining that score owowo! Just know that you still have a chance into medicine! >.< Just get a 99.95 ATAR and insane interview!!!!!!!!!!! Also get Monash Guarantee if you haven't!!! Good luck my dragon brethren!!! uwuuu

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2020, 09:25:57 pm »
Congratulations ThunderDragon! >///< My fellow dragon brethren uwuuu >///<. Just wanted to let you know I am extremely proud of you for obtaining that score owowo! Just know that you still have a chance into medicine! >.< Just get a 99.95 ATAR and insane interview!!!!!!!!!!! Also get Monash Guarantee if you haven't!!! Good luck my dragon brethren!!! uwuuu
Why do I feel like I know you...
2019 - Geography [41]

mi-xao-14

• Forum Obsessive
  • GO BEYOND!!!! PLUS ULTRA!!!!
  • Respect: +32
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2020, 09:31:03 pm »

Fkn lmaooooo, this is so funnyyyyy

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2020, 09:35:34 pm »
+1
Thunder dragon......are you both thunder dragons?  ???
My avatar sums up life.
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0

mi-xao-14

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2020, 09:40:19 pm »
+1

Suss 🤣

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2020, 09:51:43 pm »
+4
3/08/2020 Update

Here's my new update for the week. Certainly a lot of new things have changed since the last update. Online school for the next 6 weeks so basically till the end of term 3. Not sure how I feel about this. I definitely understand that it is really important for the health and safety of Victorians but I just realized that we will be spending half of Year 12 in lockdown. I am rather concerned about what will happen with Unit 4 Sacs since Online Sacs just suck and people are certainly going to cheat which just makes things more unfair. My opinion on this is to just get rid of Unit 4 Sacs all together and just use Unit 3 Sacs, the GAT and the exam. This would mean that exams would increase in weighting to about 75 - 80% but at this point, this is probably the most fair option. Although, doubt this will happen and VCAA will probably pull some bullshit out of somewhere.

English:
We have our Unit 4 ''Oral'' Sac which will now be conducted online this week. Not only is it basically a plan of around 500 words, but now it is online making this Sac seem very irrelevant, stupid and useless. I've finished my preparations for it basically and yeah.
Things I need to do for English in the next 2 weeks:
•   Finish Reading Never Let Me Go
•   Finish Reading Stasiland
•   Complete Preparation for Unit 4 SAC 1 Persuasive Argument
Still aiming for around a 43 - 45 and I think this is possible if I start writing a bunch of practice essays during this lockdown period which will prepare me for the exam.

Methods:
My attitude towards this subject has basically remained unchanged. Still hate this subject with a passion. I guess I will need to start catching up on everything I've neglected and this lockdown period could be a good time to do this.
Still aiming for around 25 - 30 and honestly, will be content with this despite being below state average.

Chemistry:
Just completed my Equilibrium and Reaction Rates Sac a few days and had mixed feelings about the Sac. On the one hand, I don't think I did too awful however my calculations for some concentrations were a bit off and I accidentally confused Ammonia with Ammonium which is rather triggering.
Things I need to do for Chemistry in the next 2 weeks:
•   Watch Edrolo Unit 4 Area of Study 1 Carbon Compounds Videos
•   Complete Heinemann Chapter 10 Textbook Questions
•   Complete Heinemann Chapter 11 Textbook Questions
•   Complete Notion Notes for Unit 3 Area of Study 1 Options for Energy Production
Aiming for around a 40 - 43 however I will definitely need to pick up my game and work a lot harder for this subject.

Biology:
I feel alright with this subject at the moment. Unit 4 AOS 1 is slightly boring compared to Unit 3 but it is easier so kinda a mixed boat.
Things I need to complete for Biology in the next 2 weeks:
•   Watch Edrolo Unit 4 Area of Study 1 Evolution Videos
•   Go Through Notes and Questions for Unit 4 Area of Study 1 for tutoring
•   Complete Notion Notes for Unit 3 Area of Study 1 Cellular Processes
Aiming for around a 45 - 46 however like Chem, I will definitely need to put more effort to ensure I do well on the exam and pull myself around a bit.

Psychology:
Still my best subject and haven't had any mishaps yet. I am slightly behind tho but it shouldn't be too hard to catch up especially with the increased amount of free time.
Things I need to do for Psychology in the next 2 weeks:
•   Watch Edrolo Unit 4 Area of Study Consciousness and Sleep Videos
•   Complete Chapters 8 – 10 Learning Activity Questions
•   Complete Notion Notes for Unit 3 Area of Study 1 Nervous System and Stress
Still aiming for around a 47 - 50 which is possible as long as I work towards finishing all the content and starting my exam prep early so I can ace the exam.

Subject Study Score Goals:
English: 43 - 45
Methods: 25 - 30
Chemistry: 40 - 43
Biology: 45 - 46
Psychology: 47 - 50
ATAR GOAL: 98.50+ although ideally 99.0+

VTAC Applications have opened so I need to start slowly gathering all the resources for that as well as SEAS applications. Also need to understand the other states equivalents of VTAC. The next 2 months is going to be a long month and a test of our ability to self learn and take imitative. Good luck to everyone for the next 2 hard months.
2019 - Geography [41]

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2020, 09:52:14 pm »
+1
im scared
2019 - Geography [41]

mi-xao-14

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2020, 10:33:48 pm »
+1
im scared

PFFFFFFFTTTTT BAHAHAHAHAH I JUST CAN'T 🤣🤣

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2020, 10:12:19 am »
+1
I am rather concerned about what will happen with Unit 4 Sacs since Online Sacs just suck and people are certainly going to cheat which just makes things more unfair. My opinion on this is to just get rid of Unit 4 Sacs all together and just use Unit 3 Sacs,

Wait....did your schools not have online SACs first lockdown?? Your so lucky! I was so mad VCAA made unit 3 worth more rewarding people who cheated their way through those sacs. They really do suck :( my English ranking will never be the same. I was like you planning to use unit for to spring back (because comparitive is worth so much) but if those people cheat and get 100% again my hard work will be for nothing :(.

Anyway good luck!!! To both you and thunder dragon 2 hehe
My avatar sums up life.

homeworkisapotato

• MOTM: Aug 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +288
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2020, 10:41:51 am »
+2
Hey ThunderDragon! Your vce journal was so addictive to read and damn those are hella ambitious scores! I'm sure you'll definitely hit your target ATAR!
I laughed for a straight five minutes lmaoooooo. I wouldn't be surprised if one of my school friends found me and trolled me by creating an account called 'homeworkisnotapotato'
2020: Biology [43]
2021: Methods, Chemistry, HHD, English, Further
Selective School Entry Tips