Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 04:10:20 am

Author Topic: Thoughts of life  (Read 11674 times)

jborn007

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +44
Re: My VCE Journey - Jborn007
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2018, 06:33:12 pm »
+2
Wow you have so many subjects... My school only lets us take 5 and it was probably the hardest decision of my life trying to narrow them down (maybe a slight exaggeration but whatever)
Yeah I know. My original program was English 1&2, Methods 1&2, Spesh 1&2, Chem 1&2, Accounting 3&4, and LOTE 3&4, but I decided to add in Physics since I thought it'll help me with my Spesh, and it also turned out that it taught some of the content in unit 2 Chem as well, especially the Specific Heat Capacity, and Latent Heat.
I know what you mean by the workload and 'seriousness' of the 3/4 subjects though, it goes from teachers having a perhaps mild interest in your marks and areas of weakness and general behavior in class to "THIS IS YEAR 12 LIFE OR DEATH. HERE IS THE STUDY DESIGN, READ IT IN YOUR SLEEP, IT WILL YOUR HOLY DOCUMENT". Kinda jarring.
So so true. There is definitely more work in 3/4 subjects, compared to 1/2s.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:45:32 pm by jborn007 »

jborn007

• Forum Regular
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2018, 09:00:17 pm »
+5
28/12/18
Merry Late Christmas everyone!
The holidays have been pretty good so far, which I not only finished all of my holiday homework, but I also saw "Aquaman" today. It was one of my most anticipated movies that I've been looking forward to so far.
It was absolutely amazing, especially the CGI, and the fight scenes last third of the film is truly some of the best scenes the film has to offer.
Also, I'm going overseas to China tomorrow to see my relatives and to visit some of the tourist attractions there as well.
I hope all of you are enjoying your holidays  :)

jborn007

• Forum Regular
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2019, 09:16:23 pm »
+6
2019 Term 1 Week 1

After 3 days of 2019, I felt the pressure increasing as the days go by.

I already had my first outcome of the year today, which was a chem test, and it was based on Metallic Bonding and Ionic Bonding (Chapters 3 & 4). Apart from being stupid enough to confuse Hydrochloric Acid with H2Cl instead of HCl, I was able to answer the rest of the questions in the outcome.

After the Oral Presentations outcome, we started on our creative writing outcome which my teacher went through and analysed some Australian Short Stories (The Three Sisters & The Teardrop Tattoos). He explained it really clearly and meticulously, which his explanations on those short stories gave me a deeper insight and allowed me to think in different perspectives that I've not previously thought of.

In accounting, our teacher gave us exercises to do in order to revise the content we learnt in Chapter 3 (The General Ledger) and we got started on Chapter 4 which we learned how to record GST transactions in the general ledger, and how to deal with questions that involved EFTPOS.

Especially from today's physics class, I had difficulty understanding electrical physics at first which I had no idea what the hell my teacher is talking about and going on. At times, I just stared blankly on those equations and working outs on the white board. Also, my Texas-instrument scientific calculator has been really dodgy when I put in those equations in order to answer the exercise questions which it commonly gives me "SYNTAX ERROR". I really annoyed with this, and I hope I'm able to solve and overcome this problem and challenge in the upcoming days.

Overall, the first few days of Year 11 have been alright so far, and hopefully things will go well as the year passes by  :)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2019, 09:55:43 pm »
+3
Glad things have been alright so far :)

With physics, I sometimes found it useful to look up youtube videos etc to get different explanations. Sometimes they helped a lot & sometimes it took more than that, but luckily it's fairly easy to find resources for the electrical stuff so you can see different explanations and go through in your own time. If you keep getting those error messages maybe send a picture in case someone here can help you figure out a solution?

Good luck! :) 

jborn007

• Forum Regular
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2019, 01:17:31 pm »
+1
Glad things have been alright so far :)

With physics, I sometimes found it useful to look up youtube videos etc to get different explanations. Sometimes they helped a lot & sometimes it took more than that, but luckily it's fairly easy to find resources for the electrical stuff so you can see different explanations and go through in your own time. If you keep getting those error messages maybe send a picture in case someone here can help you figure out a solution?

Good luck! :) 
Thanks! I'll definitely search for videos regarding electrical physics on youtube :)

jborn007

• Forum Regular
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2019, 09:22:47 pm »
+7
04/04/2019

Intense, intense, intense. Demanding, demanding, demanding. Term 1 has been really hetic, and my life is really messed up and out of place. I commonly had outcomes or SACs every week, and I was given a lot of work and questions to do from all of my subjects every week. I don't know if anyone has this problem or not, but I always find myself only being able to have the time to study for my 3/4s and barely any time to allocate for my 1/2s. I subsequently fell behind in pretty much all of my 1/2s which i think it's not a good sign at all. Even though I decided to drop out of Physics for those reasons (along with not finding the content itself interesting anymore..), I'm still not finding a lot more time to study for my 1/2s per week. Because of this, my results for my 1/2s are getting lower (especially for chem) which I'm barely passing my outcomes.

Despite the pressures VCE has, the demanding workloads, and amounts of homework from my teachers, I'm still motivated to persist through these hard-times especially seeing the Year 12 students who graduated last year getting ridiciously-high atars and study scores.

Overall, I'm just really glad that I've finished Term 1 and I really REALLY need to adjust and re-organise my life, and hopefully catch up with my 1/2s and continually revise for my 3/4s.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 09:28:59 pm by jborn007 »

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2019, 09:39:57 pm »
+1
How's Year 11 been, jborn007?

jborn007

• Forum Regular
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2020, 02:41:06 pm »
+6
13/06

Changing and getting my life back order. Successfully completed initiative steps. Feel great for the first time in a very long time. Contemplation and taking a step back really is a great thing to do. Learning how to learn is pivotal to undertake before anything else. Although institutionalise learning is prevalent within or current society, we re nevertheless inadequately educated in regards to how to learn, as simple as that.

"the ability to learn is a skill ; the willingness to learn is a choice"
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 12:59:47 pm by jborn007 »

jborn007

• Forum Regular
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2020, 12:59:18 pm »
+4
14/06

Feeling invigorated to continue my day. Whilst we are deeply immersed into the technological devices for educational and entertainment purposes, a concerning point that needs to be addressed urgently is the declining literacy rates our nation is currently experiencing. Put simply, we are not adequately engaging in reading and consequentially has detrimental effects on our comprehension levels and general knowledge. what makes reading so fruitful is the opportunity to experience first-hand the encapsulating lessons and knowledge other people gained that can be widely applicable to our everyday lives, but more so the odd satisfaction gained from reading the clarifying and articulated phrases, sentences and jargon all kinds of books have to offer. 

"Show me a family of readers, and i will show you the people who move the world"
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 01:46:39 pm by jborn007 »

jborn007

• Forum Regular
Re: Thoughts of life
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2020, 01:49:17 pm »
+1
How's Year 12* been, jborn007?
Better than before, but not nearly as good as I'm going to be.

jborn007

• Forum Regular
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2020, 06:40:19 pm »
+5
15/06
Felt having substantial amounts of energy throughout the day, and feel like a different and changed person.
Whilst the educational system developed and promoted by the age of industrialisation has a working system of assessing individuals in their respective studies, it is however unintentionally positioning students to dislike or feel annoyed at their respective studies to a degree. Unfortunately, with the proliferation of assigned work pupils are unwillingly given to complete alongside the perennial assessments, a portion of students have no choice but to allocate unhealthy amounts of time to overcome those ever-lasting obstacles and in the process dislike or even feel irritated of their studies, consequentially feel de-motivated and not give a crap anymore. This is a flaw in the current educational system implemented in many parts of the world and ultimately leads to a huge decline in the non-material living standards of the affection pupils but most concerning a hatred towards learning. Over the past decades, school has not continued to be a place primarily focusing on learning anymore, but more so transformed into a factory regimentally teaching formats and structures for success in examinations and even to the extent of pure rote-learning for some studies. 
"Well trained is not the same as well educated."

jborn007

• Forum Regular
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2020, 12:27:13 pm »
+3
16/06

As the day goes by, so does the natural landscape evolve by the climatical conditions nature is experiencing. Over the past century there has been a significant leap in technological advancements and we've benefitted from electronic devices more than ever before. However, the integration of those technological devices into our lives have made us disillusioned to the natural world and growing up in the age of technological advancements has made us unconsciously neglecting nature. More and more people have found themselves in love with their devices particularly when having spare time even when travelling, and not to simply observe nature as it evolves brings great shame to us as human beings.

"Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher."

jborn007

• Forum Regular
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2020, 08:39:50 pm »
+5
17/06

A demanding yet meaningful day.

Akin to physical health, mental health is also important for a human being and it is pivotal to take out any toxicity that is in harm's way. Thus it is important to have a positive social group. Getting rid of any toxic people and moving on from them is thus a step that we must take to achieve mental solace but more so to empower our minds mentally and spiritually. Otherwise, they'll be holding us back and dictate our lives ultimately leading to a constrained and confined mind. This discourages us to take certain actions and taking away our liberty.

"It’s better to be alone in life than being surrounded by toxic friends who do nothing but bring you down, disrespect you, or make your life difficult."
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 10:32:29 pm by jborn007 »

jborn007

• Forum Regular
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2020, 06:20:30 pm »
+4
18/06

Over the course of our lives, it is almost certain to stumble upon injustices and inequalities. Whilst they do question our egalitarian values, we have to still keep our head down and continue to fight. The more righteous our values, beliefs and fights are, the more opposition we will face. Never do something purely for material acquisition but rather do it for the love, the joy, the curiosity, the passion. Only and only if from then we would find the meaningful reward be more fruitful and bigger than imagined. Never ever ever give up!

"Life is not fair; get used to it."

jborn007

• Forum Regular
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2020, 11:47:04 am »
+3
20/06

The recent announcement from the Federal Government planning for the implementation of the 'fee hike' has sparked agonising outrage and public discourse. Whilst there are people that see it as a form of inequality and are significantly affected by this plan even to the extent of choosing disadvantageous subjects to adequately prepare for their future careers, we must keep in mind of the power of our own voices and do something about it right now. Even if it's just signing a petition or calling and writing a personalised letter to our local MPs and electorals, it can still make a significant difference and change history. Have the courage to stand up and speak up to what you believe in and have our valuable views taken into consideration.

"I would rather be alone and a loud voice for action than be silent."
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 11:48:47 am by jborn007 »