Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 07:44:48 am

Author Topic: Help!! struggling with literature and worried about how it will affect my ATAR  (Read 2488 times)  Share 

wal0027

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
So i’m currently super behind in my literature course because of the quarantine and the book we were doing i found super difficult (the passion by jeanette winterson) and i’m really worried about how much it will bring down my ATAR. three of my other subjects are arts based and although my best performing classes (normally As) they already get marked down. I also do english language which i’m pretty okay at (mostly Cs and Bs) and i’m just wondering how doing 2 english subjects affects the ATAR as well.
i still have an overdue sac for literature that i’m not sure i can complete, its creative writing which i’m really bad at and i’m wondering if i can make up some of the marks in the next units and the end of year exam? will it be enough to not completely drag down my ATAR? and if the worst performing subject doesn’t get counted will my english language score be used instead?
Thanks in advance for any much need help :)

colline

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ♡ 2 Timothy 1:7 ♡
  • Respect: +512
I also do english language which i’m pretty okay at (mostly Cs and Bs) and i’m just wondering how doing 2 english subjects affects the ATAR as well.
At least one English subject must be in your primary 4 (which counts 100% towards your aggregate score). So if you do two English subjects, then you can 'afford' to mess up on one - though I would strongly advise against relying this.

I still have an overdue sac for literature that i’m not sure i can complete, its creative writing which i’m really bad at and i’m wondering if i can make up some of the marks in the next units and the end of year exam?
Whatever happens, make sure you complete all of your SAC's! Even if you think it's bad, just handing something in is miles better than nothing at all. Not completing a SAC suggests to your teacher that you don't care about your studies, and naturally they'll be less compelled to help you improve.

Of course you can improve your chances at a higher study score through unit 4 and the exam. But that's not a guarantee. It purely depends on how hard you're willing to work.

will it be enough to not completely drag down my ATAR? and if the worst performing subject doesn’t get counted will my english language score be used instead?
I don't know what you mean by your first question. If you mean, if you do badly in literature will it drag down your ATAR, then the answer is probably.

If you do better in English Language, your English Language score will be used as the 'compulsory English subject' when calculating your ATAR.

Since you've still got months to go until the exam, I suggest using this time to work on actually improving you writing and completing all of your SACs, and focus less on playing with the numbers. For instance, what specifically are you struggling with literature? Analysing? Writing? Critiquing? Identifying these will help you improve.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 08:51:34 pm by colline »

VCE: Literature [50] Methods [50] Further [48] Chemistry [40] Biology [33]
2022: Bachelor of Science (Mathematical Economics) @ ANU