Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:02:19 pm

Author Topic: Integrated essay Christianity  (Read 4100 times)  Share 

mattmorley

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Integrated essay Christianity
« on: November 04, 2016, 10:35:54 am »
For our first assessment we have to write an unseen integrated essay on Christianity as the 3 sllaybus points within. How would one integrate these 3 points. Wouldn't it be a lot simpler to just  2 paragraphs on each point like a standard extended response essay??
HSC 2017

Standard English
General Maths
Studies of Religion 2
Business Studies
Geography

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
Re: Integrated essay Christianity
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 10:51:02 am »
Hey!
Integrated essays for Christianity are the best kind :)
I think you have the right idea, 1-2 paragraphs on each syllabus dot point, so one section on practices, one on a significant person or school of thought, and then one on ethics :) If you can, it's also great if you can link them all in some way, for example did your significant person/school of thought have any teaching that impact upon the ethics of Christianity? etc etc.
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 10:59:05 am »
+1
For our first assessment we have to write an unseen integrated essay on Christianity as the 3 sllaybus points within. How would one integrate these 3 points. Wouldn't it be a lot simpler to just  2 paragraphs on each point like a standard extended response essay??

Hey! As another idea on one way to integrate, you can try using the Core Beliefs you learned about in Prelim! I talk about this here ;D

mattmorley

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 11:42:10 am »
Thanks for this. Our school is suggesting integration through beliefs and it doesn't make much sense but will look at ur previous posts
HSC 2017

Standard English
General Maths
Studies of Religion 2
Business Studies
Geography

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 11:44:12 am »
Thanks for this. Our school is suggesting integration through beliefs and it doesn't make much sense but will look at ur previous posts

It's a bit of a strange one! Basically it's just about finding connections between your three syllabus points, and beliefs. How does St Paul's impact on Christianity allow Christians to connect more deeply to their belief in the Trinity? How does Baptism connect the adherent to their belief in Salvation? Those sorts of links are what you are looking at :)