Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 03:56:39 am

Author Topic: Essay Structure  (Read 3726 times)  Share 

carolinewang206

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
  • School: Barrenjoey
  • School Grad Year: 2017
Essay Structure
« on: March 16, 2017, 06:39:39 pm »
Obviously there is no one way to structure an E1 essay, but what have you found to be the most effective structure?

I generally structure my essays by paradigms as i find it easier to integrate texts that way and show their distinctive similarities and/or differences.

A lot of the exemplar essays I have recently read seem to do one paragraph on each text and then link back to the question/other texts. I find that essays of this structure generally have more textual detail.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
Re: Essay Structure
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 08:02:58 pm »
Obviously there is no one way to structure an E1 essay, but what have you found to be the most effective structure?

I generally structure my essays by paradigms as i find it easier to integrate texts that way and show their distinctive similarities and/or differences.

A lot of the exemplar essays I have recently read seem to do one paragraph on each text and then link back to the question/other texts. I find that essays of this structure generally have more textual detail.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Hey Caroline - what elective do you study? I did After the Bomb..
During my HSC I found this guide and used it to guide my own essay. I used some pretty heavy integration so it might be worth a look for you :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!

carolinewang206

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
  • School: Barrenjoey
  • School Grad Year: 2017
Re: Essay Structure
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 04:47:31 pm »
Hey Caroline - what elective do you study? I did After the Bomb..
During my HSC I found this guide and used it to guide my own essay. I used some pretty heavy integration so it might be worth a look for you :)

Amazing!! Thank you so much! x