Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 06:18:20 pm

Author Topic: Japanese 2nd Language SACS  (Read 2045 times)  Share 

psych08

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
Japanese 2nd Language SACS
« on: August 11, 2008, 01:46:58 pm »
Hi, sorry for the inevitable 'how will this effect my study score' question. I do Japanese SL and our SACs have been incredibly hard. Like, quite impossible. Our class isnt really strong overall, but our teacher is givin us stuff we just cant do well at all. I think my marks will b a C at best, but just wonderin how thatl go if i do ok in the written/oral exams? Any1 who's done SL, how difficult is it to get 30? thats all i need!

thanks

mystikal

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +5
Re: Japanese 2nd Language SACS
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 02:47:50 pm »
Heys
im in a similar position however, if your whole class is doin bad at Japanese SAC's but all of you do good in the exam your SAC marks will get scaled up since you were given hard SAC's anyways a good example would be melbourne high where for most of their subjects are given ridiculous hard SAC's but as a whole do well in the exams all SAC's get scaled up as a result.

Anyways for the 30 SS for Jap, you mean scaled or RAW? well i fink its alrite to obtain both scores all u need to do is study hard for the exams and do well in your unit 4 SAC's and u shud b fine around A's for both but im not totally 100% since im in a similar position good luck anyways

marbs

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 04:42:41 pm »
To be honest, 30s aren't that hard to get in Jap from what I have heard. The worst score our school had was 32 (raw), and the best was 44 (raw), so alot of people got between these. People who were getting ds still got above 30.

Just make sure you study hard for end of year, and do will in oral.

You should be fine unless you bomb he exam, and get a D, then you'd be look at 26-30.

Good luck

psych08

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 10:04:48 am »
Thanks for the help, that's a relief. I'm just goin to study like crazy for the exams, lots of listening practice and hope to ace the oral (well, as well as id be able to ace it, im not that great.) good luck to you too1