Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 12:50:06 am

Author Topic: General music thread.  (Read 8794 times)  Share 

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: General music thread.
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2018, 02:01:35 pm »
+2
generally not a big fan of the migos except for quavo but this is probably the best song of 2018. Produced by pharrell who apparently didn't use the beat for 10 years.
Migos - Stir Fry

Camila's debut album is also pretty good all the songs are really solid and seems to have longevity.

vilamonikoro1

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
Re: General music thread.
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2018, 05:36:17 pm »
generally not a big fan of the migos except for quavo but this is probably the best song of 2018. Produced by pharrell who apparently didn't use the beat for 10 years.
Migos - Stir Fry

Camila's debut album is also pretty good all the songs are really solid and seems to have longevity.
Yeah! That Migos song was lit af! Can’t say the same with their other song “Get Right Witcha” where they say "Going to Thailand with them ch*nks!" Absolutely disgraceful and racist stuff! Very sad that in this day in age, little outrage was shown in mainstream media. Imagine if a white rapper used the word n*gga, let alone n*gger in their song.

Racial discrimination directed towards Asian is institutionalised in the anglosphere without a doubt.

On another note, some stuff I enjoy listening to:

My Chinese isn’t the best but I’m sure anyone can enjoy this without understanding Chinese since it’s by Kris Wu. He raps like a god in Chinese and he’s performing in the Super Bowl this year! A few times where asian male representation will be done on their own accord, hopefully he won’t be thrown millions of racial slurs his way like when Jay Park performed in the super bowl. But I’m pretty sure it will happen given the Super Bowl demographic.
https://youtu.be/RRZp7sVdhzQ

On a lighter note, here’s a more fun and relaxed song of a Chinese rap group I like, the Higher Brothers. This song, they rapped about 7-11 in Chinese and Sichuan dialect. Better than most the normie rap out nowadays!
https://youtu.be/GOF9E2WirfE

Regardless of if you like 'Asian music' or not, give this a try and go in with an open mind!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 12:10:55 am by vilamonikoro1 »