Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 11:18:21 pm

Author Topic: Headstart for chemistry 3-4 during the summer holidays ?  (Read 1145 times)  Share 

geek123456

Headstart for chemistry 3-4 during the summer holidays ?
« on: July 30, 2017, 02:09:04 pm »
I am looking for a head start for Chemistry over the summer holidays which will cover both unit 3 and 4 properly .Although it is too early to ask around  I do not want to miss out on programme deadlines  and regret it later on ! Can someone please suggest me some good tutoring classes,programmes or teachers for chemistry  :)
 I will really appreciate  if someone could give me any other suggestions regarding ways of  finishing chemistry 3-4 before.
Thanking everyone in advance !
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 01:04:54 pm by geek123456 »

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Headstart for chemistry 3-4 during the summer holidays ?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 03:58:44 pm »
+2
Hey there :)

So, props for being super keen for year 12! Really sounds like you're motivated to succeed, which is awesome :D

However, I don't think it's necessary to cover all of unit 3 and 4 in the holidays before year 12 starts! Sure, maybe it'll be handy to get a little bit ahead, but you don't want to get too far ahead, otherwise you'll have nothing to do at school, and you might find that you'll become disengaged or burnt out because of having nothing to keep you occupied :)
You really won't be disadvantaged by not being really far ahead before year 12's even started - VCE is designed to be completed within a school year :)

I can't comment on specific tutors, as I never had one myself, however I don't think you'll have to look further than Tutesmart for quality tutors (without the crazy prices that other companies charge), and I'd also recommend the headstart lectures that ATAR Notes runs at the start of the year - I went last year, learnt a lot, and it was nice to go to something where I knew I was purely learning stuff that was 100% applicable to the subject.

All the best! :)

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 04:33:55 pm »
+4
I attended VCESS which is run at unimelb and it was great. The tutors were all very enthusiastic and we went through topics from across the entire year. Given the limited time frame, not all of the content is covered but I felt a lot more prepared throughout this year, and like my learning was revision.

Many aspects lead on from units 1 & 2 so making sure you are confident with stoichiometry, redox equations and organic nomenclature will also help you with units 3 & 4.
You could also make flashcards (or use preexisting ones) to help you memorise information for the first area of study.

However you choose to get ahead and/or revise your enthusiasm will serve you well, best of luck!

geek123456

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 06:03:00 pm »
+2
Hey there :)

So, props for being super keen for year 12! Really sounds like you're motivated to succeed, which is awesome :D

However, I don't think it's necessary to cover all of unit 3 and 4 in the holidays before year 12 starts! Sure, maybe it'll be handy to get a little bit ahead, but you don't want to get too far ahead, otherwise you'll have nothing to do at school, and you might find that you'll become disengaged or burnt out because of having nothing to keep you occupied :)
You really won't be disadvantaged by not being really far ahead before year 12's even started - VCE is designed to be completed within a school year :)

I can't comment on specific tutors, as I never had one myself, however I don't think you'll have to look further than Tutesmart for quality tutors (without the crazy prices that other companies charge), and I'd also recommend the headstart lectures that ATAR Notes runs at the start of the year - I went last year, learnt a lot, and it was nice to go to something where I knew I was purely learning stuff that was 100% applicable to the subject.

All the best! :)
Thank you for your wonderful advice :) I can not thank all of the people on ATAR NOTES who have helped me understand the VCE system and have always been there to answer my silly questions

P.s I did not know ATAR notes had a tutoring organisation..Thankyou for letting me know :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 06:06:53 pm by geek123456 »

geek123456

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 06:05:22 pm »
+1
I attended VCESS which is run at unimelb and it was great. The tutors were all very enthusiastic and we went through topics from across the entire year. Given the limited time frame, not all of the content is covered but I felt a lot more prepared throughout this year, and like my learning was revision.

Many aspects lead on from units 1 & 2 so making sure you are confident with stoichiometry, redox equations and organic nomenclature will also help you with units 3 & 4.
You could also make flashcards (or use preexisting ones) to help you memorise information for the first area of study.

However you choose to get ahead and/or revise your enthusiasm will serve you well, best of luck!
Thank you for the tips and tricks :) I will surely look into VCESS in more depth :)