Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 12:28:19 pm

Author Topic: Starting revision for end of year exam.  (Read 1451 times)  Share 

Amnesiac

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +26
Starting revision for end of year exam.
« on: September 05, 2008, 07:20:55 am »
So, when is everybody going to start revising?
I've started to do a summery of memory/learning and also a few past exams, but what more can you do at this stage?

where is everybody else at?
2007 | Visual Communication and Design [37] VCE VET Hospitality [39]
2008 | Media Studies [42] English [40] History Revolutions [40] Further Mathematics [39] Psychology [37]
ENTER | 91.15

2009 | Arts/Education [Secondary] - Monash Clayton.

jess3254

Re: Starting revision for end of year exam.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 11:19:14 am »
Well, I've completed Learning and Memory, and I've summarised and done all my notes for both areas of study. To revise, I've started to do questions from checkpoints and trial exam papers so I can identify problem areas and make sure I can apply my knowledge etc. If I can't answer a question, I go back to my notes and text book, and occasionally write more notes until I fully understand a particular concept. I've also created pretty posters with diagrams and definitions and stuck them on my wall  ;D

In the next couple of days, we're going to start doing research methods in class. Luckily, I have already got a head start on this topic, as I learnt a lot of the concepts last year whilst I was doing IB Psychology and revised last holidays. So, I've already done my summaries, however while we're doing the topic in class I'll go over checkpoints and repeat the same process as above.
I haven't done this yet, but I'm also going to create my own exam questions for each area of study.

During the holidays, I'm going to start doing past VCAA papers (and some trial) under exam conditions. I'll give myself a score, then identify where I went wrong and then refer back to the textbook/ my notes etc.

Then, start of term 4, we start revising as a class. During SWOTVAC I think I'll throughly go over the areas of study again and do a couple more exam papers, however I'm not quite sure what I'll do yet lol. I'd be interested to know what everyone else's plans are.

xox.happy1.xox

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 09:34:26 pm »
Lol, I remember last year, I literally done no study until my friend on MSN reminded me... I was depressed. GOt into the exam, no prior study... B+ed it! I seriously don't know how. Maybe my assessors were generous? :)

costargh

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 11:51:54 pm »
Lol, I remember last year, I literally done no study until my friend on MSN reminded me... I was depressed. GOt into the exam, no prior study... B+ed it! I seriously don't know how. Maybe my assessors were generous? :)

Or your long term memory served its purpose :)

psychlaw

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 12:02:32 am »
Well, I've completed Learning and Memory, and I've summarised and done all my notes for both areas of study. To revise, I've started to do questions from checkpoints and trial exam papers so I can identify problem areas and make sure I can apply my knowledge etc. If I can't answer a question, I go back to my notes and text book, and occasionally write more notes until I fully understand a particular concept. I've also created pretty posters with diagrams and definitions and stuck them on my wall  ;D
get set for the 50
I'm not starting revision until all my SACs are over, still two to go

« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 12:13:49 am by psychlaw »

rh

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 04:45:52 pm »
currently working on my notes for memory, do we need to know any past research? i.e george sperling's experiments on sensory memory.