Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 01:47:20 am

Author Topic: Nine Days by Toni Jordan- English  (Read 3299 times)  Share 

Em.C11

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Nine Days by Toni Jordan- English
« on: April 13, 2020, 07:41:23 pm »
Was just wondering if anyone could help me with paragraph ideas for the following nine days (by Toni Jordan) essay question?
The mood by the end of Nine Days is ultimately uplifting and positive. To what extent do you agree?
Some ideas I had: discussing the impact of family across generations and how social expectations of the time causes death and destruction but I'm struggling for a third.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 07:49:43 pm by Em.C11 »

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
Re: Nine Days by Toni Jordan- English
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 08:10:21 pm »
Hi!

It kinda depends on what your thesis statement/contention is, but here are a few ideas you might be able to work with/manipulate :)
I'm a bit rusty so take these ideas lightly ah ha

1. Writing about the idea of sacrifice, and how that impacted the ending of the novel
2. The impact of War (along with how War changes relationships) and how that changes people's life
3. The idea of personal growth and the changes one goes through in their lifetime, that corressponds with the experiences they've lived through
4. Can talk about the different Rights people had in the various timeframes, and how that impacts the ending of the novel
Also, with this prompt, it might make your response stronger if you use structural features sprinkled in your paragraphs (also, this depends on your thesis statement) but thinks like why Jordan positioned Connies chapter at the end of the novel and how that gives the reader a sense of hope. And also the idea of a bittersweet ending, not ony appeared in the end of the novel but at the end of most chapters as well.

Hope these ideas helped! Let me know if you have anymore questions.