Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:08:14 am

Author Topic: Life of a Chronically Stressed HSC Student  (Read 38895 times)

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
Re: Life of a Chronically Stressed HSC Student
« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2020, 03:03:10 pm »
DONE WITH HSC!!!

I had my History Extension exam yesterday, meaning I've finished all my HSC exams!!! It feels quite liberating to not have to worry about studying for the next thing and finally have finished 13 years of compulsory schooling. I've been binging Hannibal on Netflix (almost done with season 2... I started watching on Monday)

History Extension reflection:
- After my SAC exam last week, motivation just left the building so I didn't really study that much
- I could not memorise the quotes for the LIFE of me, so I ended up only using probably less than half of the ones I prepared
- As always, I overstressed for nothing tbh. The questions were pretty good, I just wished I had memorised some quotes for academic v popular history debate oops! The section II question was a bit weirdly worded, and the quote was quite strange?
- They specified 2 areas of debate for Section II LOL... our whole class was depending on there being 1

I made a huge list of post HSC plans before and during my exams, but now I don't even feel like doing any of them??? I just wanna stay at home, watch Netflix, bake and read all the books that have been on my to-read list for the past years lol. I guess I should also start looking for a new job... bank account is looking pretty grim. I have sign out today; not sure if I am saying goodbye to all my teachers ?? It still doesn't feel like it's over. But I am DEFINITELY adding my teachers on Facebook lol.

To anyone with exams still:  you can do it!!! It's not long now, do the best you can!
To anyone who has finished: what are your thoughts and plans for post HSC?

Thanks for reading!
Alice  :)

🎉Congratulations Alice! ;D

This is such a huge accomplishment! And definitely take a well-deserving break :D

Coolmate 8)
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

alice343

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +125
« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2020, 11:59:58 pm »
+9
6 HOURS UNTIL HSC MARKS RELEASE!!!

I thought waiting for HSC marks and ATARs to come out would be an agonising long time, but it's honestly really flown by. I've mostly just been enjoying my free time by going out with friends, parties, HEAVY Netflix binging and the likes. I've applied to a couple of jobs and have an interview next week; hopefully I get the job!! I feel like most of my friends and people around me aren't stressing that much so I in turn am also not too worried. Thankfully my parents aren't placing much pressure upon me to perform to a certain standard. I'm attending the school morning tea tomorrow, where I will be able to hopefully see many of my peers and teachers that I've missed over this break!

I truly cannot predict my marks and ATAR; I guess it's somewhat of a good thing since I won't be disappointed. Hopefully alignment and scaling and all the NESA - UAC witchery works in my favour. Wishing the best of luck for everyone!

Alice :D
2020 HSC: English Advanced, Modern History, Legal Studies, Japanese Beginners, Society and Culture, History Extension

alice343

• Trendsetter
« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2020, 01:00:01 pm »
+9
HSC + ATAR results!!!

Thankfully it's all overrrrrr. I'm pretty content with my results; of course, there's always that little voice at the back of your mind that tells you that you could have procrastinated less and studied more, but that's life I guess.

Eng Adv: 91
Modern: 90
Legal: 95
Japanese Beg: 91
Society and Culture: 88
History Ext: 41 (E3)

The only thing I'm a bit annoyed at is SAC; I really thought I was going to do better and get a B6??? It was literally my best subject internally so I was pretty surprised. And also I thought I was going to get a band 5 for Modern; a despised 89. It would have been nice to achieve all-rounders, but what matters is that I've gotten the ATAR for my UAC preferences so I'm happy!! I hope everyone is celebrating no matter how pleased or disappointed you are with your results; we've reached the end of our HSC journey and that within itself is something worth celebrating.

Also, everyone on the ATAR Notes forums have been so helpful and supportive this whole time! I appreciate everyone's contributions, they've all made a difference in some way.

Thanks for reading,
Alice :D
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 01:12:17 pm by alice343 »
2020 HSC: English Advanced, Modern History, Legal Studies, Japanese Beginners, Society and Culture, History Extension

Evolio

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +485
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2020, 01:10:47 pm »
+5
Congrats Alice!  ;D

Justin_L

• MOTM: July 20
  • HSC Moderator
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +235
« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2020, 02:05:51 pm »
+5
Woahh, these are some amazing results! Congrats, looks like all your hard work paid off!
Да здравствует революция государственного модератора

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2020, 02:42:10 pm »
+5
Congratulations, Alice on your results! Those are some amazing scores there  ;D Where are you off to now course-wise?
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

alice343

• Trendsetter
« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2020, 04:24:06 pm »
+7
Congrats Alice!  ;D

Woahh, these are some amazing results! Congrats, looks like all your hard work paid off!

Congratulations, Alice on your results! Those are some amazing scores there  ;D Where are you off to now course-wise?

Thanks guys!

Hey Angelina, I'm deciding between my ANU early entry offer; Flexible Double Degree in International Relations, Politics Philosophy and Economics or USYD for Arts, Advanced Studies (Politics & International Relations) - my first UAC preference; I missed the guaranteed ATAR for USYD by a few tenths, but I'm eligible for their Academic Excellence Scheme, so I get 5 bonus points for a B6 in Eng Adv; so I'm hoping I'll get an offer. The rest of my UAC preferences are International and Global Studies at USYD, PPE at UNSW, Journalism + International Studies at UTS, and Interior Architecture + International Studies at UTS.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #112 on: December 18, 2020, 04:24:50 pm »
+1
Thanks guys!

Hey Angelina, I'm deciding between my ANU early entry offer; Flexible Double Degree in International Relations, Politics Philosophy and Economics or USYD for Arts, Advanced Studies (Politics & International Relations) - my first UAC preference; I missed the guaranteed ATAR for USYD by a few tenths, but I'm eligible for their Academic Excellence Scheme, so I get 5 bonus points for a B6 in Eng Adv; so I'm hoping I'll get an offer. The rest of my UAC preferences are International and Global Studies at USYD, PPE at UNSW, Journalism + International Studies at UTS, and Interior Architecture + International Studies at UTS.

I haven't heard of a flexible double degree before - how does that work/what does that mean? Sounds interesting.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Viktoriak_

• MOTM: AUG 20
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #113 on: December 19, 2020, 07:57:22 pm »
+3
Eng Adv: 91
Modern: 90
Legal: 95
Japanese Beg: 91
Society and Culture: 88
History Ext: 41 (E3)

Congrats Alice on your results, that's amazing!!
I hope you get into the course you want; wishing you best of luck for the year ahead ;D
HSC '19: IPT
HSC '20: chem, phys, maths 3U, eng adv.

alice343

• Trendsetter
« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2020, 11:25:34 pm »
I haven't heard of a flexible double degree before - how does that work/what does that mean? Sounds interesting.

It's really just what ANU calls their double degrees; they're 'flexible' since you can choose courses from a wide range of faculties; arts, social sciences, business and science.