Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 10:44:58 pm

Poll

Do You Celebrate Halloween?

Yes
1 (12.5%)
No
3 (37.5%)
Kinda
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Halloween and Exams  (Read 4326 times)

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
Halloween and Exams
« on: September 16, 2019, 10:33:15 pm »
Hey guys, since Halloween is coming upon us, I was just wondering what everyone did for it, and how they manage that around exams.

I am not a massive participator in halloween, but I did dress up my house last year! Since the biology and further maths exam is the day after, do you study for it on the night? Or take the night off to enjoy it with friends?

I'm just curious to see what people do on halloween, even if you celebrate it or not!
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: Halloween and Exams
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 11:07:10 pm »
good for kids to dress up and trick or treat - the one day that it's socially acceptable to go to somebody random's house and ask them casually for free candy.

Apart from that I have always felt halloween is more of an american thing rather than something widely celebrated in australia. I mean... halloween happens every year, your exams don't... so... it's all about priorities really. If you're willing to celebrate it and not study on that particular evening then you have to be satisfied with your decision and accept the ramifications if any.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 11:09:05 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 11:23:55 pm »
Yeah, I agree with you on what to prioritise! I was just curious over what some people do if they decide to celebrate it.
I have never actually celebrated Halloween, but I moved into a new neighborhood where it is a big thing, so my family and I decided to participate last year by dressing up the house. I do agree that it is more of an american thing, so we don't really celebrate it, but I know quite a few who do. I think it is gaining more popularity recently.
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

EllingtonFeint

• Trendsetter
  • Offering private tutoring ✨
  • Respect: +24
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 08:49:45 am »
+1
I am so utterly crushed that exam season is in Halloween season  :'(
Depressinggggg
I'm totally gonna do like gothic makeup and study with Corpse Bride playing in the background (I've been meaning to learn the piano duet, but have you ever actually tried to play a duet by yourself??  ::) It's hard.)
Biology 🌱 [49] |  English [47]

Surviving and Succeeding in Biology:
https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=187145.msg1129188