Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 05:33:17 pm

Author Topic: Global exam revision  (Read 3310 times)  Share 

stephfur

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Global exam revision
« on: October 08, 2019, 07:11:23 pm »
Hi everyone

I was just wondering how everyone is prepping for exams - I know the key is to do a tonne of practice exams, but I’ve still got school for the next two weeks which makes it difficult to fit in practice exams. I know there’s not much point in doing questions in non-exam conditions, and I’ve been reviewing content but I don’t know how to use my time in class wisely and I’m panicking that I’m running out of time !! Please give advice
I know that I don’t probably need to be panicking this much as the pol exam is agesss away, but send help anyway

hums_student

• MOTM: SEP 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +520
Re: Global exam revision
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 11:01:57 pm »
If you find it hard to sit down and spend 2 hrs uninterrupted doing a practice exam, the next best thing is probably to smash out as many practice essays as possible. Essays are after all worth the most on the exam. I'd recommend giving yourself 30 minutes to write, doing it under full exam conditions, and getting feedback on it. It's also worth re-writing some of the essays you've done before to polish up your paragraphs, just in case something similar pops up on the actual paper.

Revising the key terms and case studies is also really important, make sure you're not neglecting that during revision.
2019-21: Bachelor of Arts (Politics & Int'l Relations / Economics)