Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:56:18 pm

Author Topic: Non-Standard Entry Med Success Stories  (Read 2583 times)  Share 

purplepizzatastic

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Non-Standard Entry Med Success Stories
« on: June 29, 2017, 12:58:28 am »
+1
Hello all, me and some of my friends (who dont have atar notes grr) would be interested and curious to know if anyone got in medicine via a non-standard entry (postgraduate, gamsat, resitting umat, gap year, etc ^_^) because it gets so boring listening to those "99.95 atar achievers and 100 umat percentile high achievers" all the time, so I was wondering if there was anyone who didn't get in med the first time around, but preservered and got into medicine? Share your success story! It'll also serve as motivation for some of my friends (and lowkey me) are wanting to do med but don't reckon they'll make it past the cut-off ^_^

A1P

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
  • School Grad Year: 2015
Re: Non-Standard Entry Med Success Stories
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 12:05:41 am »
+2
This was more of a thread for personal stories along the vein of ...

If you had written would be interested and curious to know from anyone instead of if I would have known :)

You probably don't want to hear my story, I did take a gap year but that was after I got in from Y12 and deferred. Hop over to the other forum you'll see a dozen of students who didn't make it last year and are now trying to get in this year. They discuss their situation, problems, hopes, desperation ... everyday. Maybe half of them will make it this year half won't, that's their life stories.

purplepizzatastic

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Non-Standard Entry Med Success Stories
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 04:12:01 pm »
If you had written would be interested and curious to know from anyone instead of if I would have known :)

You probably don't want to hear my story, I did take a gap year but that was after I got in from Y12 and deferred. Hop over to the other forum you'll see a dozen of students who didn't make it last year and are now trying to get in this year. They discuss their situation, problems, hopes, desperation ... everyday. Maybe half of them will make it this year half won't, that's their life stories.

Sorry, my bad there!

Could you link me?