Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:49:56 am

Author Topic: VCE Psychology Upgrade My Answer  (Read 2409 times)  Share 

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
VCE Psychology Upgrade My Answer
« on: February 22, 2019, 03:10:40 pm »
+8

VCE PSYCHOLOGY
UPGRADE MY ANSWER

What is this thread for?
If you want feedback on your answers so you can get more marks for your knowledge, this is the place!

Step 1. Share a question you didn't get full marks on, including your answer and how many marks the question was worth
Step 2. Wait for another user (maybe even multiple!) to provide feedback on how they might've approached the question and how you could improve your answer
Step 3. Apply the feedback you've learnt to aim for higher marks more confidently :)

Who can/will provide feedback?
Everyone is welcome to contribute; even if you're unsure of yourself, providing different perspectives is incredibly valuable.

Please don't be dissuaded if you haven't finished Year 12, or didn't score as highly as others, or your advice contradicts something else you've seen on this thread, or whatever; none of this disqualifies you from helping others. And if you're worried you do have some sort of misconception, put it out there and someone else can clarify and modify your understanding! 

There'll be a whole bunch of other high-scoring students with their own wealths of wisdom to share with you, including TuteSmart tutors! So you may even get multiple answers from different people offering their insights - very cool.

To ask a question or make a post, you will first need an ATAR Notes account. You probably already have one, but if you don't, it takes about four seconds to sign up - and completely free!

OTHER PSYCH RESOURCES

« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 03:17:38 pm by miniturtle »

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
Re: VCE Psychology Upgrade My Answer
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 09:59:32 am »
+2
Question: Explain with reference to consolidation, why a footballer who is knocked unconscious during a game may be unable to remember how that occurred.

Answer: New incoming information is temporarily stored in short term memory before its transfer to long term memory. If consolidation is disrupted, new information may not transfer from short term to long term memory. If a footballer is knocked uncocnious, his consolidation has been disrupted and therefore his learning 30 min before being knocked out has not been transferred to long term memory, this he is unable to remember how he got knocked out.

I feel like that's an average response...what could make it better
thnx in advance  ;D
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 02:59:29 pm »
+2
Question: Explain with reference to consolidation, why a footballer who is knocked unconscious during a game may be unable to remember how that occurred.

Answer: New incoming information is temporarily stored in short term memory before its transfer to long term memory. If consolidation is disrupted, new information may not transfer from short term to long term memory. If a footballer is knocked uncocnious, his consolidation has been disrupted and therefore his learning 30 min before being knocked out has not been transferred to long term memory, this he is unable to remember how he got knocked out.

thnx in advance  ;D

Hey mate,

Nice response. How many marks is the question worth? :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 07:57:11 pm »
+1
Hey mate,

Nice response. How many marks is the question worth? :)

cheers
well the question is from my textbook, so I'm not really sure how many marks it's worth.
Short answer question though, so I predict 3 marks?
somethin like that

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 11:52:08 am »
+2

thnx in advance  ;D

minor wording stuff
Rather than "new incoming information" I'd go with "incoming information" (especially since there's a stage before short term memory)
I'd then use "this information may not be transfered"
You also have a few typos which usually shouldn't be an issue as long as they know what you mean, but "unconscious" is a psychological term and you are expected to be familiar with it.

More importantly, your answer has too much certainty to it. The question specifically says may be disrupted, but you've used language like "has not". Be wary of this when answering psychology questions in general.

If you wanted to include more information (this would depend on number of marks), you could consider making reference to the duration of short term memory, and use psychological terms to refer to not being able to remember (eg. retrieval may not possible due to...  resulting in the footballer being unable to recall...).

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 10:01:24 pm »
+1
minor wording stuff
Rather than "new incoming information" I'd go with "incoming information" (especially since there's a stage before short term memory)
I'd then use "this information may not be transfered"
You also have a few typos which usually shouldn't be an issue as long as they know what you mean, but "unconscious" is a psychological term and you are expected to be familiar with it.
hey thanks for your feedback!
I love it and will take everything into account, the memory bit is a bit confusing since we haven't covered that yet...but it still makes sense to me.
Thanks  :)

More importantly, your answer has too much certainty to it. The question specifically says may be disrupted, but you've used language like "has not". Be wary of this when answering psychology questions in general.

If you wanted to include more information (this would depend on number of marks), you could consider making reference to the duration of short term memory, and use psychological terms to refer to not being able to remember (eg. retrieval may not possible due to...  resulting in the footballer being unable to recall...).