Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 12:03:59 pm

Author Topic: AN Lectures  (Read 1301 times)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
AN Lectures
« on: October 04, 2019, 06:17:55 pm »
Hey guys!
I was looking for some advice regarding the AtarNotes lectures. I really want to go and have found them useful in the past, as well as really enjoyed them. I'm really hoping to go tomorrow, but I'm feeling a little worried that I won't be able to handle them because of my anxiety. I hate crowds and feeling trapped, so a room full of people is like my worst nightmare.

Does anyone know where the best place to sit would be so that I can slip out if I need to? Is there a door at the back of any of the rooms?

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: AN Lectures
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 06:22:47 pm »
+1
In general if you know you'll want to leave a lecture early it's best to pick an aisle seat and pick a seat near a door when you walk in. I'm not sure if any of the ones used at RMIT have back entrances, sorry :/

Edit: Somehow missed a few words when posting the first time. Woops
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 06:54:11 pm by Bri MT »

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 06:48:42 pm »
In general if you know you'll want to leave a lecture early it's best to pick an aisle seat and pick a seat when you walk in. I'm not sure if any of the ones used at RMIT have back entrances, sorry :/
Thanks Bri :/

tigerclouds

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +27
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 07:19:58 pm »
+5
Hi there,
I've been to a couple of the lectures at RMIT and usually the lecture rooms  are set out in a way where the entry door is at the top of the lecture hall so it's really good in the sense that no one has to notice you leave if you sit at the back  :)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 07:23:41 pm »
+1
Hi there,
I've been to a couple of the lectures at RMIT and usually the lecture rooms  are set out in a way where the entry door is at the top of the lecture hall so it's really good in the sense that no one has to notice you leave if you sit at the back  :)
Thanks tigerclouds! I might get there early and scope it out. ;D

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 07:30:59 pm »
+6
Depends which room you're in. A lot of them do have the entrance at the back, however some of them don't. Some of them have a bench at the back which is a lot less crowded than sitting in the rows. If you can, going early and having a look at the rooms your lectures are in might help, if you're in one with the door at the front then getting a seat right at the front on the side next to the door could be a better option than being in the middle - or you could go in first, go right to the back, and leave last so you don't have to deal with the crowds.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 08:08:53 pm »
Thanks PF! ;D