Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 09:36:09 am

Author Topic: Persuasive or Creative - Victorian Selective School Exam (2019)  (Read 1880 times)  Share 

ganeshbala

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Can i choose one or the other or will i be not be given a choice?

In the previous years, the candidates had a choice of choosing one or the other during the exam is that still the case in 2019?

StudyFREAK

• Adventurer
Re: Persuasive or Creative - Victorian Selective School Exam (2019)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 07:21:41 pm »
For the year 9 entry into a selective school this year, we will have 1 essay to write in 30 minutes with 10 minutes extra planning time.  We don't know what prompt or style of writing we will get but it will either be a creative or a persuasive essay. unfortunately we do not have a choice on what we write on.

Also don't quote me on this, but I don't think the students who took the test in previous year got a choice. They had to write both persuasive and creative essays, but they only had 15 minutes on each essay. Thankfully, they increased the time limit this year.

rakshanaraj06

• Forum Regular
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 05:53:09 pm »
Can i choose one or the other or will i be not be given a choice?

In the previous years, the candidates had a choice of choosing one or the other during the exam is that still the case in 2019?

No, you will be given either a persuasive or creative writing task on the day. You will however, not have the option to choose. Also, as said by studyFREAK, the previous year applicants only received 15 mins to do a persuasive and creative :)

The Progenitor

• Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 06:14:13 pm »
From the opinions I've heard, the test will most likely be an exposition or analytical essay. Given that we have such a large time frame to write, it would make sense to do a persuasive in order to see our logical thinking better.