Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:36:31 am

Author Topic: PDHPE HSC Predictions 2017  (Read 7150 times)  Share 

Neilab

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Riverside Girls High School
  • School Grad Year: 2017
PDHPE HSC Predictions 2017
« on: October 02, 2017, 12:13:07 pm »
Hey All !! any predictions for this years PDH exam??

My teacher has been solid at prediction questions in the last few years so I thought i'd share - what do you all think it'll be??

Core 1
- Something on growing and ageing population
- Early intervention and Prevention

Core 2
- Recovery Strategies
- Energy Systems

Sports Med
- Children and young athletes
- skill and physical tests for return to play
- assessment of injuries (TOTAPS)
- Rules of sport

SPAAS
- Sports in the 19th Century vs Now
- Politics and Sport
- Sport as a Big Business

Let me know what you guys thinkk !!

Korrasami

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
Re: PDHPE HSC Predictions 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 08:33:03 pm »
Hey All !! any predictions for this years PDH exam??

My teacher has been solid at prediction questions in the last few years so I thought i'd share - what do you all think it'll be??

Core 1
- Something on growing and ageing population
- Early intervention and Prevention

Core 2
- Recovery Strategies
- Energy Systems

Sports Med
- Children and young athletes
- skill and physical tests for return to play
- assessment of injuries (TOTAPS)
- Rules of sport

SPAAS
- Sports in the 19th Century vs Now
- Politics and Sport
- Sport as a Big Business

Let me know what you guys thinkk !!

Seems pretty solid!
I think for SM, they may have a question on rehabilitation procedures for the 8 marker and return to play for the 12. These are my predictions, because I haven't come across a past paper with those questions, unless I haven't looked properly enough.

Juliesokha

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 10:44:17 pm »
Rehabilitation appeared in 2014 paper already! Phew  ::) They might use it again tho who knows?

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 10:41:03 pm »
Return to play is my least fave section out of every core, option - everything in the entire syllabus.

Pls can it not be on it ;D ;D
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

Neilab

• Forum Regular
  • School: Riverside Girls High School
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 11:02:50 pm »
Return to play is my least fave section out of every core, option - everything in the entire syllabus.

Pls can it not be on it ;D ;D

woah dude we do all the same subjects !! altho i dropped extension 1 at the end of year 11 haahah

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 11:06:52 pm »
woah dude we do all the same subjects !! altho i dropped extension 1 at the end of year 11 haahah

Woooo!! I love my subjects yay
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

jamie.manalaotao

• HSC Lecturer
  • New South Welsh
  • Fresh Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 02:34:16 pm »
+3
Hey guys!
Love the enthusiasm here! It's very easy want to rely on 'predictions' as to what will be on the exam, but remember there are no guarantees - questions can still come from anywhere on the syllabus, especially with multiple choice.
My biggest tip you right now is to KNOW YOUR SYLLABUS inside out, that way, when you see a question, you'll know which part of the syllabus it's asking you about and you'll know what to include in your answer.
Also, make sure you get plenty of sleep! There's no need to stress or cram, you've make it this far, and there's literally less than 24 hours left before your last PDHPE exam!
Massive good luck to you all!
I know it's late, but if you have some last minute questions, I'll do my best to answer them today!

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 03:35:42 pm »
Hey guys!
Love the enthusiasm here! It's very easy want to rely on 'predictions' as to what will be on the exam, but remember there are no guarantees - questions can still come from anywhere on the syllabus, especially with multiple choice.
My biggest tip you right now is to KNOW YOUR SYLLABUS inside out, that way, when you see a question, you'll know which part of the syllabus it's asking you about and you'll know what to include in your answer.
Also, make sure you get plenty of sleep! There's no need to stress or cram, you've make it this far, and there's literally less than 24 hours left before your last PDHPE exam!
Massive good luck to you all!
I know it's late, but if you have some last minute questions, I'll do my best to answer them today!

Hey! Will you be penalised for talking about something extra that the question isn't exactly asking for? Or no because you are bringing in extra info? e.g. a question on managing over training would indicate the use of everything in that dot point, but if I also spoke about how the use of periodisation eliminates the risk of over training, will I be at any disadvantage?

Thanks!
HSC subjects

jamie.manalaotao

• HSC Lecturer
  • New South Welsh
  • Fresh Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 02:21:24 pm »
Hi so sorry I didn't get back in time!
I hope the exam went well today. But if you did get a question that this might apply to; you wouldn't get penalised, but you also wouldn't get extra marks.
Having said that, if the question was an 8 marker, then it may potentially help you get that bank 6 answer.

But at least PDHPE is over now! Good luck with the rest of your exams.