Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 10:29:49 pm

Author Topic: Journey to something????  (Read 19393 times)

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
  • Respect: +93
Journey to something????
« on: March 10, 2019, 07:46:46 pm »
+9
Honestly, I should have started this last year, but better late than never right?

Why am I doing this?
Spoiler
To be completely honest, I don't really know. However, I think writing a journal will be a great way to just regurgitate all my thoughts. Also I feel like when I look back through this journal at the end of this year I'll feel a sense of fulfilment? Maybe?  I just hope that I, along with the quality of my writing improves over the year.

Who am I?
Spoiler
Well to give ya the general gist of stuff, I was born in Melbourne, lived in India from age 2-12 and now am back in Melbourne.
I'm super into music and primarily play the drums and guitar, but am also trying to improve playing bass and piano.
I'm also very into video games (classic nerd shit), however I decided to seriously cut down on how much time I spent playing last year as it was starting to have a significant impact on my studies (more than it does now).
Not really sure what else to say so..... enjoy?
Just a catchup on Yr 12.

English 3/4 (Goal SS - 37+)
At this point in the year, we have already completed 3 SACs for English. The creative, and analysing argument (split into a single analysis and a comparative analysis.) I worked extremely hard for the creative, whereas for the other two sacs I did bare minimum work, which was still more than what i did in Yr11.

Psychology 3/4 (Goal SS - 45+)
So I picked up Psych without completing the 1/2 as I had found myself reading quite a bit on the topic of psychology and found it quite interesting.The only thing I've found 'hard' at this point is the 'key science skills,' which were only brushed over as they were already learned by others in 1/2. However, I have since caught up a bit.

Economics 3/4 (Goal SS - 45+)
Similar to last year, i've found economics quite enjoyable, in terms of classmates and my teacher. The first sac was quite straightforward as it was recapping last year's content. The current content we are doing is mostly building on what we have learned from last year, and I find it quite interesting, and have found myself completing work ahead of the due date (something I usually never do.)

Maths Methods 3/4 (Goal SS - 25+)
To put it bluntly, I hate it. I got 56% on both topic tests (not Sacs) and have literally no motivation to do work. There is a one 4-part sac for the entirety of Unit 3, which is in Week 9/10 of the term. Hoping to pass that as well to be honest. Not exactly sure what I need to be getting to get a 25 at the end of the year but I know I need to find the motivation to study for this subject. But I just can't?

Overall
So Yr12 is kinda great. The 11 spares a week give me sooooooooooooooo much time to do work at school, although I don't actually work in all of them. If anyone finds any grammatical errors or formatting mistakes please let me know :D. I'll try to update this every week? Or whenever I can be bothered to be honest.

(I figured I should probably edit the first post of my journal to make it less cluttered, so that's what I've done)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 11:53:14 pm by NomotivationF »
Offering tutoring for Economics, Further Maths and Psychology
(Email [email protected])
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

How I got a Raw 48 in Economics

2018 - Accounting [42] Further Maths [44]
2019 - English [39] Economics [48] Psychology [44] Maths methods [33]
ATAR - 97.5
2020-2023 - Ba Commerce/Science @Monash

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Journey to something????
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 09:22:46 pm »
Always nice to see another journal up and running! :)
What are your hobbies and what types of extracurricular activities do you do? 
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

Macrophagee

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 10:14:46 pm »
Hey
Congrats on your further and accounting study scores!
Looking forward to hearing more about your year 12!  :)

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 10:15:27 pm »
+1
Always nice to see another journal up and running! :)
What are your hobbies and what types of extracurricular activities do you do? 
Hmmm well I'm really into music. I can play the drums, guitar, bass and am in the process of self-teaching myself piano. I used to play a shit-ton of table tennis, but now I only play for school. In terms of more hobbies, I play a lot of video games, but I've recently been spending a lot of my time in the gym.
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 10:16:31 pm »
Hey
Congrats on your further and accounting study scores!
Looking forward to hearing more about your year 12!  :)

I'll try update this as much as possible
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 09:50:12 pm »
+2
Time for an update

English
We started studying 'Persepolis' in English this week. It's a new book that's been added to the study design, and is interestingly a graphic novel (comic book.) This adds an entirely different perspective to the analysis of the novel as dialogue is always accompanied with a picture/visual stimuli. There's also a heap of social/cultural/economic background as the Iranian revolution also plays a major part in the novel. It's surprisingly a good read and is a very interesting story to analyse in my opinion.

Psych
Started on Neural plasticity in Psychology, interesting but nothing too hard at this point.

Eco
Economics SAC on Monday, yaaaayyyyyyyyyyy.? The topic is okay as its mostly about macro-economics and economic growth and I feel pretty confident as I have two practice sacs ready to hand in to my teacher tomorrow which will help me consolidate my stuff, nothing much apart from that though.

Methods
The methods sac is looming and i'm not looking forward to it. At this point, i'll be ecstatic if i get a 60% on it, but i'll be content with just passing. Still cannot bring myself to do any work for this subject as all i'm aiming for is a 25.

Scores
Spoiler

English
Sac 1 (Creative) - 29/30. Pretty happy with this one, but was still hoping for a 30/30.
Sac 2 (Single analysis) - TBA. Hoping for an 18/20 or above at this point.
Sac 3 (Comparative analysis) - TBA. I fucked this one pretty bad, so i'll be VERY happy with a 17/20.
Psych
Sac 1 (The Nervous system/Stress) - TBA.  I think I went quite well on this. There was an unexpected 8 marker at the end of the sac that I think I could've gotten 6-7 marks on. Hoping for 45+/50.
Eco
Sac 1 (Microeconomics) - 42.5/45. Pretty happy, was expecting lower.
Sac 2 (Macroeconomics + Growth) - 18th March
Methods
Sac 1 (All of Unit 3) - 25th March - 6th April, across two weeks.

So in general, feeling kinda nervous for the Eco sac on Monday. Especially since I fell sick on Sunday, and it seems to only be getting worse. Just hope i'm better by Monday. I also feel realllly unproductive as i haven't been able to go to the gym at all.

(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 08:06:38 am »
I remember studying Persepolis in literature in year 11 - we watched the movie adaptation instead but I imagine they'd be very similar in terms of strong symbolism such as colour, grandmas flowers etc. Glad you're enjoying it :)

Good luck for your Eco SAC and your health!

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 11:50:13 pm »
I remember studying Persepolis in literature in year 11 - we watched the movie adaptation instead but I imagine they'd be very similar in terms of strong symbolism such as colour, grandmas flowers etc. Glad you're enjoying it :)

Good luck for your Eco SAC and your health!

Yeah, I'm genuinely finding Persepolis interesting, which is good since I don't usually enjoy the texts that I study in english, so this may give me some more motivation to do some work in English.
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2019, 12:02:32 am »
+1
Another one

English
Same same, just taking notes in class and going over key frames and themes in the book.

Economics
The SAC is on monday and I literally cannot bring myself to do any work at all. I've already done 3 practice sacs earlier in the week as revision, and there is  no 'official' revision to be done. However, I know what to revise and I hope that I can bring myself to actually do revision for the sac tomorrow instead of procrastinating all day.

Psychology
I got 47/50 on the first sac!!!! Hell yeah. The thing that worries me though, is that i'm one of the only people that did well in the class, all the other scores were average, whereas in other classes, where the teachers are more experienced there were 6-7 people per class getting over 90%. This really worries me since we have a teacher that is new to the school and I don't wanna be put at a disadvantage. Still happy though.

Methods
I started revision!!!! Sorta. I actually got onto printing the start of the Practice sac that we were given, but the questions seem overly simplified compared to what we usually have been doing in the workbook and assignments, which worries me as I feel like the revision we were given may not actually prepare me for the sac.

Scores

Spoiler
English
Sac 1 (Creative) - 29/30. Pretty happy with this one, but was still hoping for a 30/30.
Sac 2 (Single analysis) - TBA. Hoping for an 18/20 or above at this point.
Sac 3 (Comparative analysis) - TBA. I fucked this one pretty bad, so i'll be VERY happy with a 17/20.
Psych
Sac 1 (The Nervous system/Stress) - 47/50. WoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Extremely happy knowing that the work i put in paid off. However, feeling a bit nervous since on average other classes did way better than mine.
Eco
Sac 2 (Macroeconomics + Growth) - 18th March
Methods
Sac 1 (All of Unit 3) - 25th March - 6th April, across two weeks.

Despite the score for psych i'm not really feeling good. I decided to lock myself indoors today telling myself I would study (I didn't) and missed the opportunity to have a really good time at a gath with some of my friends which is kinda shitty. Oh well, at least I know that I should go next time an opportunity arises.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 12:05:38 am by NomotivationF »
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2019, 08:43:22 pm »
+2
Panic time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Methods SAC that counts for 50% of my coursework score tomorrow. Guess what??? I haven't even started studying. Also haven't done any homework for any other subjects either. But hey, binge watching Brooklyn nine-nine was worth it right? Anyways, 25 methods here I come
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +154
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2019, 09:28:10 pm »
Seriously don't worry, you did great in your two VCE subjects last year so Methods doesn't even have to be top 4. 25+ is achievable, even with a bare pass or two in the SAC period as long as you smash the exam.
2018 - 2019 (VCE): English Language, Maths Methods, Legal Studies, Global Politics, Business Management (2018), Philosophy
2020 - 2024: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash University

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2019, 09:40:00 pm »
Seriously don't worry, you did great in your two VCE subjects last year so Methods doesn't even have to be top 4. 25+ is achievable, even with a bare pass or two in the SAC period as long as you smash the exam.

In all honesty I’m probably gonna fail the sac, but I’m just hoping to pass the exam since I heard that’s enough for a 25
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2019, 07:22:37 pm »
+3
Two more weeks of school left!!!! I would honestly love to be relaxing right now, but I have a Psychology SAC on the last day of school, as well as 4 more sessions of a methods sac :(. But looking forward to getting smashed before our Yr 12 formal which is on the last day of school :D.

English
Still just going through the book and analysing different pages. Got two sacs back, 17/20 on single analysis and 19/20 for comparative analysis. I was really surprised with this since I thought I did really well on the single and shit on the comparative but it seemed to be the opposite. Another thing that kinda triggers me is that other classes had their single analysis marked scaled up a bit if they did well on comparative, but oh well.

Economics
Fallen behind a bit but just going through government goals at the moment. Got 36/40 on the last sac which I was pretty happy with since the highest mark was a 37/40.

Psychology
Going through classical conditioning and operant conditioning at the moment, pretty interesting but also very straight forward. The sac for this topic is apparently a 'media analysis.' They've given us minimal information about the nature of the sac but apparently they ask us questions that stem from an article of some sort which will be intresting.

Methods
Did the first session of our ENTIRE UNIT 3 sac yesterday. I wasn't even close to finishing but most of the content was pretty straight forward so I should be able to cop above a 50% for the first session at least. From what the teachers have said though, the sessions get considerably harder, and since I found the first session hard, i'm not looking forward to the rest.

Scores
Spoiler
English
Sac 2 (Single analysis) - 17/20. Disappointed. I thought I did well on this sac but apparently not. Also annoyed since this mark should've been scaled up due to comparative mark but my teacher did not change the mark.
Sac 3 (Comparative analysis) - 19/20. Very happy. I honestly thought I screwed this one up pretty bad so I was extremely happy with this mark.
Psych
Sac 1 (The Nervous system/Stress) - 47/50. WoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Extremely happy knowing that the work i put in paid off. However, feeling a bit nervous since on average other classes did way better than mine.
Eco
Sac 2 (Macroeconomics + Growth) - 36/40. Pretty happy considering I had to cut a few answers short due to time pressures
Methods
Sac 1 (All of Unit 3) - 25th March - 6th April, across two weeks. (First session was straight forward, should be able to pass it.)
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2019, 10:20:02 pm »
+4
Last day of school + Formal tomorrow, HYPE!!!!!!!!!!! Been a while since I've updated so here goes

English
Just the usual going through themes and key frames of Persepolis. Apart from that though, the topics for the oral have been released!!! This is probably the assessment i'm least looking forward too since I get really nervous when speaking to a crowd of people. Also is helping people edit their speeches on ATARNOTES a thing? I hope it is because ill probably be needed a lot of help aahhaha

Economics
Finished the goal of low inflation and gonna go through the goal of full employment next term. Got holiday homework to write a 1000 word report summarising the budget though, so not really looking forward to that one  :-\ :-\ :-\

Psychology
I completed the second sac of the unit today and I'm kinda pissed off. I spent so much time going in depth and studying topics that were supposedly going to be on the sac, but there were only simple questions on the sac, some of the shit which I didn't know the 'key words' for, so i'll probably lose a few marks on this one. Really disappointed since I sunk a lot of time studying for this sac and was hoping to ace it. Oh well  :-\

Methods
Oh boy. Well the 5-session sac is finally over. Going into it I was only hoping to pass, but now i'm thinking I could score a 60%, eventhough I screwed up some of the easiest questions

Scores

Spoiler
English
Sac 2 (Single analysis) - 17/20. Disappointed. I thought I did well on this sac but apparently not. Also annoyed since this mark should've been scaled up due to comparative mark but my teacher did not change the mark.
Sac 3 (Comparative analysis) - 19/20. Very happy. I honestly thought I screwed this one up pretty bad so I was extremely happy with this mark.
Psych
Sac 2 (Neural plasticity + processes of learning) - Hoping for ~22/25 but not sure if this is possible. Think I may have fucked up on this one.
Eco
Sac 2 (Macroeconomics + Growth) - 36/40. Pretty happy considering I had to cut a few answers short due to time pressures
Methods
Sac 1 (All of Unit 3) - IT'S FUCKING OVER BOIIIIIS. Chuck us a 27/50 and my year will be made.

I'll probably update this a few weeks into term two, enjoy holidays everybody!!!!!!!!

(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

ATAR - 97.5

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2019, 03:23:53 pm »
+3
Yeah, it's frustrating when what you've studied for just doesn't come up on the SAC. :-\ I guess if you look at it more broadly, though, you've done some great exam prep!

Hope you have a great formal and enjoy your holidays. :)

P.S. For English speech stuff, try here!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.