HSC Stuff > UAC Discussion

UAC Question Thread

(1/28) > >>

jamonwindeyer:

This thread is for all things UAC preferences. Some questions you might want answered:

- How does the preference system work?
- Should I put the course I'm most likely to get into at the top of my list?
- How do my preferences affect scholarship/early entry schemes?
- Can I change my preferences later?
- WHAT SHOULD I EVEN STUDY MAN IDK...

If you are at all confused about any of this, ask your questions below!! ;D

You'll need an account to ask a question, click here! Don't worry, it's free ;)

_____:

--- Quote from: jamonwindeyer on September 06, 2017, 03:59:48 pm ---The deadline for early bird UAC Applications is September 29th!
Click here to get them in ASAP!

This thread is for all things UAC preferences. Some questions you might want answered:

- How does the preference system work?
- Should I put the course I'm most likely to get into at the top of my list?
- How do my preferences affect scholarship/early entry schemes?
- Can I change my preferences later?
- WHAT SHOULD I EVEN STUDY MAN IDK...

If you are at all confused about any of this, ask your questions below!! ;D

You'll need an account to ask a question, click here! Don't worry, it's free ;)

--- End quote ---

What should I do if I have a vague idea of what I want to study but am definitely taking a year off and may or may not be in the state/country in a years time? Should I leave it for now and try apply through mature-age student pathways when I'm ready if I decide to go?

jamonwindeyer:

--- Quote from: _____ on September 06, 2017, 07:22:18 pm ---What should I do if I have a vague idea of what I want to study but am definitely taking a year off and may or may not be in the state/country in a years time? Should I leave it for now and try apply through mature-age student pathways when I'm ready if I decide to go?

--- End quote ---

Hey! You might want to consider applying, then if necessary deferring the offer (assuming the institution allows). Then you can accept the offer later if you are here or decline it if you aren't (never any obligation to do anything with these sorts of things!)

This link could be useful: http://www.uac.edu.au/undergraduate/offers/defer.shtml

beatroot:
Does NESA send out ATARs a bit later than UAC? I've heard from people from my school that it takes about a week, that's why people pay for UAC so that they know their ATAR immediately.

RuiAce:

--- Quote from: beatroot on September 09, 2017, 11:40:27 am ---Does NESA send out ATARs a bit later than UAC? I've heard from people from my school that it takes about a week, that's why people pay for UAC so that they know their ATAR immediately.

--- End quote ---
NESA sends out your HSC results, I.e. Your actual marks. Only UAC is involved with the ATAR.

Traditionally, HSC results come out exactly one day before ATAR release

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version