Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:56:12 am

Author Topic: Monash enhancement program / extension ?!?!?!  (Read 1327 times)  Share 

talixxa

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Monash enhancement program / extension ?!?!?!
« on: April 21, 2018, 01:15:51 am »
Hi everyone,

" If you're a high achieving Year 12 student, Monash Extension will give you a taste of uni before finishing school – and you'll be rewarded for it. You'll complete two first year university subjects as part of your final year of school studies. "

So, I've seen that Monash uni have a 'program' called monah extension. As you see above, it is what figure on the website: high achieving year 12 have the possibility to be part of it. However, how do you know if you are considered as a high achiever before you end high school?

Thanks in advance.

Talixxa

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Monash enhancement program / extension ?!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 01:58:00 am »
Hi everyone,

" If you're a high achieving Year 12 student, Monash Extension will give you a taste of uni before finishing school – and you'll be rewarded for it. You'll complete two first year university subjects as part of your final year of school studies. "

So, I've seen that Monash uni have a 'program' called monah extension. As you see above, it is what figure on the website: high achieving year 12 have the possibility to be part of it. However, how do you know if you are considered as a high achiever before you end high school?

Thanks in advance.

Talixxa

it's to do with projected "high achieving" although that's really up to personal opinion. You generally need decent grades (B+ average iirc) and preferably a 40+ score from year 11 although I wouldn't be too worried about missing out since they are pretty lenient.

I completed monash extension (chemistry) in year 12 if you had any other quesitons
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 02:03:16 am by Sine »

talixxa

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 12:19:51 am »
Hi @Sine,

Thank you for your answer.
Can you tell me more about your experience with it? For example, what steps you went through to get into it? The year that follows, have you been in Monash uni or another? ect...

Thanks again !

Talixxa

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 04:35:37 pm »
Hi @Sine,

Thank you for your answer.
Can you tell me more about your experience with it? For example, what steps you went through to get into it? The year that follows, have you been in Monash uni or another? ect...

Thanks again !

Talixxa

To get in you need to fill out a few forms which you should be able to find and have it signed by your vce administrator. You might also have to send you mid/end of year report to them too along with your year 11 subject study score.
It's basically two university units on top of your vce load (or a replacement of a subject). The workload was barely anything compared to a vce subject. The majority in my class found it relatively easy and all ended up with high scores (4.5/5) which is the equvalent of a 80+/90+ average respectively by just doing the assesments well (and carefully) and also cramming in the few days before the exam (although not recommended).
The year that followed I did choose to go to Monash but the enhancement subjects had nothing to do with my choice.