Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:45:20 am

Author Topic: What is the best university to study primary education?  (Read 959 times)

highatarplease

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
What is the best university to study primary education?
« on: December 18, 2018, 12:47:53 am »
Helloooo. I recently completed my HSC, and am looking to pursue studying primary education in university next year.

While I'm very interested in doing a Bachelor of (Primary) Education Bachelor of Arts in International Studies at UTS (due to my love of travelling), I'd like to get other people's opinions on the best university to study primary education.

I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone can help :D

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
Re: What is the best university to study primary education?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 09:30:55 am »
+3
Hello!

I know quite a few of graduated students from my school have pursued primary teaching at the University of Notre Dame. I’m not too familiar with the degree itself but I think you can easily get placements at (Catholic) primary schools around NSW due to their connections with schools in the Catholic Education office. Though not quite sure with non-religious schools.

Best to research other primary education degrees online and see the pros and cons of each university. I thought I would share my opinion about Notre Dame, which could be a possible option for you :)
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
Re: What is the best university to study primary education?
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 11:59:17 am »
+4
Hi! Just adding my two cents as someone who applied for primary teaching last year!

I put down USYD and ACU as I felt those two would be the best. USYD has that “11th in the world for teaching” thing going for them and ACU has an amazing reputation for teaching — most of my high school teachers went there or Notre Dame. With ACU and Notre Dame, there’s the advantage of connections with the Catholic Education Office but it really depends on you. All unis I’ve mentioned have really great teaching programs and if you’d like to travel during your degree there’s always the option for exchange without studying International Studies. :-)
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW