Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 02:17:01 am

Author Topic: OMFG WENT SO BAD  (Read 8774 times)

taiga

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +588
OMFG WENT SO BAD
« on: June 10, 2010, 05:47:46 pm »
LOST MINIMUM 2 MARKS ON MULTI CHOICE FML GAT WILL BE IN MY BOTTOM 2 PLEASE.
vce: english, methods, spesh, chemistry, physics, geography.

ex admin/mod/partner

2010: Melbourne High School (VCE)
2011 - 2016: Monash University BComm/BEng (Hons)

If you guys have any concerns/suggestions for making ATARNotes a better place, don't hesitate to PM me.

TrueTears

• TT
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +667
Re: OMFG WENT SO BAD
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 05:50:53 pm »
epic lulz is lulz
PhD @ MIT (Economics).

Interested in asset pricing, econometrics, and social choice theory.

AzureBlue

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 05:52:41 pm »
The GAT doesn't really matter, does it?

TyErd

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 06:09:26 pm »
Well some uni's now in particular Monash are looking at the GAT as kind of like an extra requirement. Like if there was one position left for your course and they couldnt seperate 2 people based on ENTER they will look at the GAT scores and choose based on that. 
"Don’t ever let somebody tell you you can’t do something, not even me.  Alright?  You got a dream, you gotta protect it.  People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it.  If you want something, go get it, period." - Chris Gardner

vea

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +29
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 06:20:35 pm »
The GAT doesn't really matter, does it?

successful troll is successful

OT: the GAT doesn't actually get a study score or anything
2011: ATAR 99.50
2012: Bachelor of Biomedicine, UoM
2015: Doctor of Dental Surgery, UoM

lolbox

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 06:20:50 pm »
Well some uni's now in particular Monash are looking at the GAT as kind of like an extra requirement. Like if there was one position left for your course and they couldnt seperate 2 people based on ENTER they will look at the GAT scores and choose based on that.  
are you serious? I circled C for the last 30 multis and didnt answer one essay cause I wanted to leave early...

I've been told for the past 2 reasons the only way the GAT is used is if you miss your exams/sacs due to some sort of extreme circumstance. that better be true lol

I don't plan to miss my exams...and if I do and it really is an EXTREME circumstance, then I'll just do the exams again the next year... if it really is something that serious

TyErd

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 06:29:08 pm »
are you serious? I circled C for the last 30 multis and didnt answer one essay cause I wanted to leave early...

I've been told for the past 2 reasons the only way the GAT is used is if you miss your exams/sacs due to some sort of extreme circumstance. that better be true lol

I don't plan to miss my exams...and if I do and it really is an EXTREME circumstance, then I'll just do the exams again the next year... if it really is something that serious

Yup im serious.
"Don’t ever let somebody tell you you can’t do something, not even me.  Alright?  You got a dream, you gotta protect it.  People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it.  If you want something, go get it, period." - Chris Gardner

Juddinator

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: -4
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 06:34:33 pm »
your life is over! go and do vcal while you can!!!!

kenhung123

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 07:04:10 pm »
The gat is extremely important in the determination of sac marks, that is way i tried so hard for it..

Plan-B

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 07:10:48 pm »
The gat is extremely important in the determination of sac marks, that is way i tried so hard for it..

I really hope that isnt true : ( ..... otherwise all the hardwork in my sac's goes to waste.. ergggh. Your sac marks cant get dragged down if you do well in that subject's exam right?

Visionz

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 07:13:10 pm »
I lold at OPs predictions after getting a 23 in geog

TyErd

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 07:14:58 pm »
Doesn't matter how bad you do in the GAT, your SAC marks will never go down, they either the stay the same or go up.

Visionz

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 07:16:57 pm »
Doesn't matter how bad you do in the GAT, your SAC marks will never go down, they either the stay the same or go up.

inb4 harsh reality sets in

psych93

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 07:25:56 pm »
Guys if I didn't do biology I would've had no idea how to even begin the first writing task
I went on about adaptations and tolerange ranges ahahaahaaaaaaaaa ily bio.
And I chose the cynical prompt about the destruction of society, and basically criticized society about everything
(Y)
Except I found the multiple choice questions really weird..... I guessed a lot of them !
especially the spinah question and the one about business inputs and outputs or something (wtf!)

So, what you're saying is the GAT can ffect your SAC marks? Oh my lord.

John President

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Mostly Harmless
  • Respect: +45
  • School: Kids, stay in it.
  • School Grad Year: 2010
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 07:37:21 pm »
Since so many people don't take the GAT seriously, it will really probably enhance the scores of those who did.
The Finnish word pilkunnussija, which translates literally to “comma fucker,” is someone who risks his social wellbeing to annoyingly and persistently point out punctuation errors.

Completed VCE in 2010 - Now doing BSc at UoM