Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:36:44 pm

Author Topic: UCAT Calculator  (Read 1899 times)

rani_b

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +67
UCAT Calculator
« on: June 10, 2019, 08:47:38 pm »
Hey guys,

This may seem like a silly question, but i was wondering if the calculator always pops up in a seperate tab when doing the test? On the official test it does this, but other tests (which claim to accurately mimic the UCAT) have the calculator on-screen? I guess I should go by the official one, but I'm kind of hoping maybe it's not, because having to constantly open a new tab for the calc is really annoying... :)

2019 ATAR: 99.85

Selling: English [50] & Lit [48] essays! PM for details.

Krycek

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
Re: UCAT Calculator
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 01:16:18 pm »
Hey guys,

This may seem like a silly question, but i was wondering if the calculator always pops up in a seperate tab when doing the test? On the official test it does this, but other tests (which claim to accurately mimic the UCAT) have the calculator on-screen? I guess I should go by the official one, but I'm kind of hoping maybe it's not, because having to constantly open a new tab for the calc is really annoying... :)

Hmm. For me when I'm doing the practice exams I don't have to tap on the separate tab for my calculator to pop up. When i press on the button for the calculator to pop up, it usually just pops up at the screen and I don't have to open it as a separate tab.

I'm not sure about this but I believe the actual UCAT exam will be held in a condition similar to the driving learners test (i.e they probably would have made some sort of program to host the ucat so students can't go onto the internet and possibly cheat).This would mean that you wouldn't have to open up a new separate tab. I think it maybe ideal to go ask in UK forums such as Student Room, they may know how the condition is like.
ATAR: 98

Bachelor of Biomedical Science

rani_b

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +67
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 06:33:54 pm »
Hmm. For me when I'm doing the practice exams I don't have to tap on the separate tab for my calculator to pop up. When i press on the button for the calculator to pop up, it usually just pops up at the screen and I don't have to open it as a separate tab.

I'm not sure about this but I believe the actual UCAT exam will be held in a condition similar to the driving learners test (i.e they probably would have made some sort of program to host the ucat so students can't go onto the internet and possibly cheat).This would mean that you wouldn't have to open up a new separate tab. I think it maybe ideal to go ask in UK forums such as Student Room, they may know how the condition is like.

Oh really? Maybe its a thing on different laptops then? But thanks for replying!
2019 ATAR: 99.85

Selling: English [50] & Lit [48] essays! PM for details.

Krycek

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 10:40:50 am »
+1
Oh really? Maybe its a thing on different laptops then? But thanks for replying!

Have you tried doing the tests in full screen mode?
ATAR: 98

Bachelor of Biomedical Science