Administration > New Users Lounge

Can I get a 99+ ATAR

(1/2) > >>

stressedyeareight:

PLEASE ANSWER :)

I am currently in Year 10 and I plan to get into Arts/Law which requires a 99+ ATAR?
Unlike my other peers, I have not received good grades from a young age.
I plan to do subjects along the lines of: Latin, French, Legal Studies, History, English and Literature.
I currently get A’s in these subjects.

If I started working incredibly hard from now on, would it be possible to get a 99+ ATAR?
Or is it too late to beat my peers who are already ahead of me?
Also how can I start studying for these subjects now

Quinapalus:

--- Quote from: stressedyeareight on January 16, 2019, 01:59:43 pm ---I am currently in Year 10 and I plan to get into Arts/Law which requires a 99+ ATAR?
I plan to do subjects along the lines of: Latin, French, Legal Studies, History, English and Literature.
If I started working incredibly hard from now on, would it be possible to get a 99+ ATAR?

--- End quote ---

100% possible!!!

You can do it!!!

Joseph41:

--- Quote from: stressedyeareight on January 16, 2019, 01:59:43 pm ---I am currently in Year 10 and I plan to get into Arts/Law which requires a 99+ ATAR?

--- End quote ---

Hey there! Totally understandable question. Here are my thoughts. :)

* Year 10 is still a pretty long way away from Year 12, so there's *heaps* of time to get yourself sorted for your Units 3&4 subjects.
* Past performance in earlier levels of high school does not also directly correlate to VCE performance. I can think of many students who smashed it in Year 9-10 and then didn't do so well in VCE, and, importantly, vice versa.
* Your subjects look fine, but only if you enjoy them! Honestly, the best strategy for Year 12 is picking subjects you (a) need for uni, (b) enjoy, and/or (c) are good at.
* It's awesome that you want to do well, and it's also fantastic to work hard! Good results will come. But don't feel as though you need to be studying 24/7 or whatever. Again, you have time on your side, and you don't want to try to do too much, too soon.

AngelWings:

--- End quote ---
Seconding what everyone's said.

Side note: the BLaw (Hons)/BA doesn't need a 99+ ATAR - have a look. (I assumed Monash to be the one you're asking for, seeing as you want a double degree and said a really high ATAR, despite the course also being offered elsewhere.)   

Willba99:

--- Quote from: Joseph41 on January 16, 2019, 02:16:43 pm ---Hey there! Totally understandable question. Here are my thoughts. :)

* Year 10 is still a pretty long way away from Year 12, so there's *heaps* of time to get yourself sorted for your Units 3&4 subjects.
* Past performance in earlier levels of high school does not also directly correlate to VCE performance. I can think of many students who smashed it in Year 9-10 and then didn't do so well in VCE, and, importantly, vice versa.
* Your subjects look fine, but only if you enjoy them! Honestly, the best strategy for Year 12 is picking subjects you (a) need for uni, (b) enjoy, and/or (c) are good at.
* It's awesome that you want to do well, and it's also fantastic to work hard! Good results will come. But don't feel as though you need to be studying 24/7 or whatever. Again, you have time on your side, and you don't want to try to do too much, too soon.

--- End quote ---
I'd like to back up what Joseph said about only doing subjects if you enjoy them. I've got a friend who didn't do the classical "high-achieving" subjects - Methods, Chem, Spesh, etc. (as they didn't interest him) and still got a score above 97. Scaling is all well and good but doing subjects that make learning enjoyable is much more important :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version