Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:53:51 am

Author Topic: English (Paper 1): Discussion, Questions & Potential Solutions  (Read 11859 times)

horse9996

• Trendsetter
Re: English (Paper 1): Discussion, Questions & Potential Solutions
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2018, 06:21:47 pm »
When you can't be bothered to come up with your own quote, so you use one from text 3...
HSC 2018
Advanced English (88) | Maths Ext 1(47) | Chemistry (88) | Earth & Environmental Science (94 - 5th in state) | Geography (89)

ATAR 98.2

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2018, 06:22:26 pm »
We have just shared our analysis of the exam! Congrats everyone, one exam down!! ;D

talitha_h

• Forum Regular
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2018, 07:01:41 pm »
OK so basically i never add stuff in these forums but BOIIIIII DO I NEED CLOSURE so basically i wrote my section 2 (creative) in section 3 (essay) and attempted to mark it clearly but the invigilator said its likely that they won't mark it WHAT DO U GUYS THINK?!?!?!

Some people at my school did that and the invigilators said it would definitely still be marked
ARTEXPRESS 2019

jazcstuart

• MOTM: SEP 18
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2018, 07:30:59 pm »
We have just shared our analysis of the exam! Congrats everyone, one exam down!! ;D
This is very encouraging, I agreed with most things you said in the article. I'm glad you thought the creative was difficult, I struggled with that section but some of my friends didn't find it too bad, so I was worried I had done badly in that section.
To be honest I didn't find the short answers too difficult, once I accepted the different layout I thought the questions were ok. I agree with impulsebro89 though that text 3 was pretty hard. I found the essay harder than the short answers, it didn't fit with my semi-prepared response so I partly argued against the question, I don't know if it really worked.
The good thing is that if everyone found the paper hard, we won't have done as bad as we think (hopefully)!!!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 07:48:32 pm by jazcstuart »
HSC 2017 - Mathematics, Music 1
HSC 2018 - English (Advanced), Maths Extension 1, Chemistry, Geography, Earth and Environmental Science

2019 - B Renewable Energy Engineering @ University of Newcastle

dcesaona

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2018, 01:19:00 pm »
??

Yes, that's correct! The 'renewed' is the part of the question that states that not all discoveries are new, and the challenging nature of discoveries answers the fact that they're not always filled with joy.  :)
2018 HSC

Caleb Campion

• Forum Regular
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2018, 05:44:07 pm »
As somebody who's prescribed was also GBTWYCF, that question was legit the opposite of every discovery concept I developed through the prescribed text.

I have GBTWYCF, and I actually took a good spin on it I think. I talked about the fact that it isn't always finding joy, which you could show through the confrontations of Raye etc, and the bleakness of life at each destination and of the refugee experience, and I said it isn't always finding something new, but meaningful discoveries are created when a fresh take is taken on a familiar concept - so I talked about the use of emotion-ellicit voiceovers and music and symbolism by O'Mahoney to portray the already familiar and controversial topic of refugees, and portray it in a new light.

I think that should be good spin?