Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 02:00:42 pm

Author Topic: English (Paper 1): Discussion, Questions & Potential Solutions  (Read 11897 times)

parallaxd

• Adventurer
Re: English (Paper 1): Discussion, Questions & Potential Solutions
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2018, 02:21:20 pm »
I'm so annoyed about the creative because I was focusing so much on integrating the two perspectives that I forgot to put the quote in. Will that push my mark down alot??
HSC 2018: English (Advanced) [90], Mathematics [97], Mathematics Ext 1 [46], Physics [88], PDHPE [92], Economics [90], Business Studies [94]

ATAR: 98.40

Alexcp

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2018, 02:22:11 pm »
Pack it up boys.

I completely forgot that with a "to what extent" question, I could simultaneously agree and disagree. I did a trash job trying to justify my position so I'm over.

And what the hell was up with Question 1??

dcesaona

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2018, 02:24:25 pm »
Omg i realised just now after reading this that the 5 marker was asking about how discoveries lead to new perspectives???? i read discoveries lead to new perspectives, damn would that mean i wouldn't get any marks since i wasn't answering the right question??

This is what I'm stressing about. I read it the wrong way around and started answering it weirdly. It's essentially the same concept though, so would they really be that harsh in disregarding points completely for that, even if you supported it with a technique?

Also, did anyone explicitly talk about the pictures in the first text? I just said that they supported what the interviewer was saying and focused more on language techniques in the text. Is this wrong?

I need closure!!!!!  :'(

2018 HSC

FutureLawStudent

• Trailblazer
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2018, 02:25:42 pm »
Omg i realised just now after reading this that the 5 marker was asking about how discoveries lead to new perspectives???? i read discoveries lead to new perspectives, damn would that mean i wouldn't get any marks since i wasn't answering the right question??
I'm pretty sure the question was how altered perspectives lead to new discoveries (paraphrased).

parallaxd

• Adventurer
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2018, 02:26:53 pm »
This is what I'm stressing about. I read it the wrong way around and started answering it weirdly. It's essentially the same concept though, so would they really be that harsh in disregarding points completely for that, even if you supported it with a technique?

Also, did anyone explicitly talk about the pictures in the first text? I just said that they supported what the interviewer was saying and focused more on language techniques in the text. Is this wrong?

I need closure!!!!!  :'(

It didn't say to talk about the pictures so I didn't talk about them. I focused on language techniques
HSC 2018: English (Advanced) [90], Mathematics [97], Mathematics Ext 1 [46], Physics [88], PDHPE [92], Economics [90], Business Studies [94]

ATAR: 98.40

headsup

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2018, 02:29:06 pm »
It didn't say to talk about the pictures so I didn't talk about them. I focused on language techniques
I did language for q1 and images for Q3.....
So close to the end!!!!
MY SCHEDULE
18th - English P1
19th - English P2
25th - Mathematics
29th - Modern History
30th - Mathematics extension one
2nd - Business Studies
7th - Economics
9th - D&T
10th - DONE!!!
14th - Turn 18!!
15th - green P's!

headsup

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2018, 02:29:50 pm »
I'm pretty sure the question was how altered perspectives lead to new discoveries (paraphrased).
I read it as how altered perspectives are as a result of discovery....
So close to the end!!!!
MY SCHEDULE
18th - English P1
19th - English P2
25th - Mathematics
29th - Modern History
30th - Mathematics extension one
2nd - Business Studies
7th - Economics
9th - D&T
10th - DONE!!!
14th - Turn 18!!
15th - green P's!

Ellielh

• Trailblazer
  • i always have too many tabs open
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2018, 02:30:12 pm »
Hey, so no one is replying on my other post so this is abotu paper 2. Can they say you have to do two related texts?
HSC 2018: Chemistry | English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | SOR2

UNI 2019: Bachelor of Science @ ANU

Lilabear123

• Forum Regular
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2018, 02:30:17 pm »

Pheww okay i think i'm okay then. Thanks for clearing that up!!

jenae.madden

• Trailblazer
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2018, 02:32:24 pm »
yooo rip i anaysised the pictures for the first texts in both questions.... wahhh

Razeen25

• Trendsetter
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2018, 02:35:45 pm »
I am a bit disappointed in the way the essay question was written. Usually there's a pretty clear connection to the rubric using rubric words however this question was just obscure. I also thought the creative was very narrow. Don't even get me started on the short answer.
Thought it was a very poorly written paper.

This actually hit me too. For the first time I saw no connection in that question to the discovery rubric. I agree it was poorly written overall, as that creative “stimulus” was literally taken from Text Three which we just analysed.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 02:39:41 pm by Razeen25 »
HSC 2018 || Biology (90) || Business Studies (94) || English Advanced (87) || Legal Studies (91) || General Mathematics 2 (95) ||
ATAR: 96.20

Sashsan1

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2018, 03:06:16 pm »
I didn't even end up finishing the 5 marker :(
Started with short answer, reached 40 mins and started my essay. Came back to it after finishing my essay and the creative (with appropriately allocated time) and started to write my second paragraph and somehow finish it in 2 mins
And then pens down :'(

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2018, 03:15:50 pm »
Anyone on the hsc disscussion group? The memes are cheering me up after what i just witnessed.

In other words: What.The.Heck
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU

dcesaona

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2018, 03:26:17 pm »
Anyone on the hsc disscussion group? The memes are cheering me up after what i just witnessed.

In other words: What.The.Heck

Definitely! Loving that people are taking the piss out of that challenging paper
2018 HSC

MrBarbour

• Adventurer
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2018, 03:50:54 pm »
What was the frist question in those short answers. Was it asking about the photography or about the photograher