Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:20:14 pm

Author Topic: SA-HELP form, help!  (Read 1160 times)  Share 

Pyromania

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Berwick Secondary College
  • School Grad Year: 2016
SA-HELP form, help!
« on: February 03, 2017, 04:56:43 pm »
So I was filling out the enrolment checklist for uni, and the next thing on the list is the SA-HELP form(student services and amenities form). Can someone please tell me if I have to fill this form out? What is it about? I've already filled in the eCAF form and it wouldn't let me proceed any further until I've done something about the SA-HELP form. Please help thanks! =)

Floatzel98

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
Re: SA-HELP form, help!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 06:22:58 pm »
So I was filling out the enrolment checklist for uni, and the next thing on the list is the SA-HELP form(student services and amenities form). Can someone please tell me if I have to fill this form out? What is it about? I've already filled in the eCAF form and it wouldn't let me proceed any further until I've done something about the SA-HELP form. Please help thanks! =)
Basically it just allows to you defer all or some of the payment for the student services and amenities fee (SSAF) for the year. Instead of paying it all upfront, you get a loan and pay it back later.
2016 - 2019: Bachelor of Science Advanced - Research (Honours) [Physics and Mathematics] @ Monash University

Pyromania

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 09:26:37 pm »
Hmm so is it necessary that I submit that form? I already filled in the commonwealth supported form where I had to give my TFN. So what is this now? o.O I am really confused...

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 09:34:51 pm »
Hmm so is it necessary that I submit that form? I already filled in the commonwealth supported form where I had to give my TFN. So what is this now? o.O I am really confused...

You don't have to fill it out - but if you don't, it won't get deferred as a HELP loan and as such you'll need to pay the yearly student services fee which as far as I remember is around the $250-300 (give or take) mark.

In regards to what form is which - most students entering an undergrad degree that are domestic will fill in two forms: a HECS-HELP eCAF and a SA-HELP eCAF (They are two different forms). eCAF stands for e-Commonwealth Assistance Form.

The HECS-HELP eCAF is for your academic/course fees - basically for the units you study at university (the content you learn).

The SA-HELP eCAF is for the student services and amenities fee, which a large chunk (if not all) gets given to the student union to provide services for students. This is a yearly fee. Like I said above, you don't have to fill in this one... but if you don't you'll need to pay the fee.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 09:43:08 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

Pyromania

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 10:14:00 pm »
Ah, got it! That clears a lot of doubts. Thanks a bunch =D