Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:42:06 pm

Author Topic: Complete Enrolment  (Read 709 times)  Share 

HopefulLawStudent

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +168
Complete Enrolment
« on: January 13, 2017, 02:44:22 pm »
Hey hey!

So I got an offer through UAC to study at Sydney University (which I accepted cos that's what you're supposed to do apparently).  I have since been sent an email asking me to "complete my enrolment" and basically complete administrative requirements and enrol for actual units of study and in the email, it says that I need to do this as soon as possible to secure my place in my course. The thing is, I'm not entirely sure  if I want to go to Sydney University (it's a loooooooooooooooooooooong story) as I'm still sort of choosing between universities for my chosen course.

My question is: Should I complete my enrolment? And if I complete my enrolment now, can I always pull out and choose a different university, say Monash University, if I end up deciding on Monash over Sydney?

Thank you :)

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: Complete Enrolment
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 05:04:19 pm »
+1
I feel like this is something you should be asking Syd Uni, rather than on here... but in general, it's okay to withdraw as long as you're on HECS (CSP) and do it before the census date (around end of March - check the uni dates). After that 'census' date, you are financially liable for the subjects you've enrolled in (if you haven't withdrawn).

I would complete the enrolment and then wait for an offer from Monash (or somewhere else) - then decide which one to withdraw from and which one to go with. Just remember that once you withdraw you will have to re-apply as per regular processes if you change your mind.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 05:06:35 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Complete Enrolment
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 08:35:34 pm »
Hey hey!

So I got an offer through UAC to study at Sydney University (which I accepted cos that's what you're supposed to do apparently).  I have since been sent an email asking me to "complete my enrolment" and basically complete administrative requirements and enrol for actual units of study and in the email, it says that I need to do this as soon as possible to secure my place in my course. The thing is, I'm not entirely sure  if I want to go to Sydney University (it's a loooooooooooooooooooooong story) as I'm still sort of choosing between universities for my chosen course.

My question is: Should I complete my enrolment? And if I complete my enrolment now, can I always pull out and choose a different university, say Monash University, if I end up deciding on Monash over Sydney?

Thank you :)

OMG if you end up in Sydney I will totally shout you lunch! ;D

Aaron is right - Enrol as normal and then just withdraw before census if you change your mind ;D